CR-6 SE NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE

• @pro_info Insert an SD Card and it'll save save the EEPROM data there in a file.

• I've uploaded to the latest firmware and it seems to be working fine. (But It would be nice to have a change log. )
    For people having print quality issues, I highly recommend this website as it did wonders for the print quality on mine.
    https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html
    With regards to the printer scratching the surface when you cancel a print.
    I'm quite new to Arduino and programming, but on the Marlin website I find. This gcode.
    G28. Auto home.
    I should think that is what is activated when you cancel the print? And if the X is added then it will work as the other printers and raise the head a bit before returning.
    Hopefully this will be added in the next update.

[Y] [Z]

Parameters
    [O]
    Optional. If the position is known then exit without homing. (1.1.9)
    [R]
    Raise before homing distance (1.1.9)

Flag to go back to the X axis origin
    [Y]
    Flag to go back to the Y axis origin
    [Z]
    Flag to go back to the Z axis origin

• So we have firmware that’s been provided with almost everyone saying something is wrong and yet we haven’t had it patched.

• @agentd5417 I haven't run a real print with this firmware yet, just installed it. In the past I've always had to recalibrate after firmware updates, to account for differences in the firmware. GCODE that worked fine on old firmware may be no good on this firmware, I'd try recalibrating and re-slicing those STLs to see if that resolves the problem.

• The trick is, for sure, formatting the SD Card with MS-DOS 4k block size (named cluster size in windows). I used a SanD*** 64GB Micro SD XC Card and formatted it under my Fedora 32 Linux with the following tasks:

first find device name

[markus@james markus]$ lsblk 
    NAME                                          MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
    sda                                             8:0    0 931,5G  0 disk  
    ├─sda1                                          8:1    0     1G  0 part  /boot
    └─sda2                                          8:2    0 930,5G  0 part  
      └─luks-af9208ea-4b75-4f65-956d-e1e34ba77648 253:0    0 930,5G  0 crypt 
        ├─fedora_james-root                       253:1    0    50G  0 lvm   /
        ├─fedora_james-swap                       253:2    0   7,9G  0 lvm   [SWAP]
        └─fedora_james-home                       253:3    0 872,7G  0 lvm   /home
    mmcblk0                                       179:0    0  59,5G  0 disk  
    └─mmcblk0p1                                   179:1    0  59,5G  0 part  /run/media/markus/F085-FF0F

Then check actual cluster size

[markus@james markus]$ sudo dosfsck -v -n /dev/mmcblk0p1
    [sudo] password for markus: 
    fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
    Checking we can access the last sector of the filesystem
    0x41: Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt.
     Automatically removing dirty bit.
    Boot sector contents:
    System ID "mkfs.fat"
    Media byte 0xf8 (hard disk)
           512 bytes per logical sector
         32768 bytes per cluster    <<<===== 32k
            64 reserved sectors

Then re-format the sd-card

[markus@james markus]$ sudo mkdosfs -s 8 /dev/mmcblk0p1    <<<===== -s Value is double the block size 
    mkfs.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
    [markus@james markus]$ 

At least check again the result

[markus@james markus]$ sudo dosfsck -v -n /dev/mmcblk0p1
    fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
    Checking we can access the last sector of the filesystem
    Boot sector contents:
    System ID "mkfs.fat"
    Media byte 0xf8 (hard disk)
           512 bytes per logical sector
          4096 bytes per cluster    <<<<===== now 4k
            32 reserved sectors

After this flashing the display works - see picture
    d97fa9b5-a4c2-47ed-a3de-377ea81fd579-image.png

• Hello!

I tried to update the screen firmware and nothing seemed to happen.

I formatted a microsd card in fat32, 4k clusters and put the DWN_SET (from the CR-6 SE -source code V1.0.3.6 package) folder at the root.

With that in the screen sd slot, my CR-6 se boots normally to the main screen without any delay.

From what I've seen in some videos, the screen should go through some color changes during the update and I should have to remove the card and reboot to get to the main screen.

That didn't happen with my unit. Just to be sure, I tried the update with 2 different SD cards.

• On the CR-6, is there supposed to be any visual indication of the screen firmware update happening?

• Is there a way to verify if the update worked?

Otherwise, that might indicate that the SD card reader on my CR-6's screen isn't working...

Thanks!

• I think that the steppers sounds much louder after the update. Anyone?

• Installed the firmware update yesterday evening, and ever since a successful installation my prints keep coming up with massive gaps and stringing. I'm new to this, but every gcode i put in new and prior saved, fail to extrude evenly and creates these messy rats nests.

• @Stonedog03 did the same thing. Took a while to figure out how to do it on a mac but i was finally able to. And it worked! Thank you!

• @alan3664 @Haste9r Thanks! That did the trick! Had to dig around a bit to find an SD card small enough to accept 4k clusters!

• @Stonedog03 Use 4K clusters as Haste9r suggests. FAT32 default cluster size varies with the size of the SD. I use a 32GB SD formatted with 4K Clusters and the printer is able to read it.

• @Stonedog03 Check to see if your sd card is formatted to 4k clusters that fixed it for me.

• @Stonedog03 I am also having the same issue.

• @alan3664 Using the DWIN_SET from the source code RAR did not work for me either. Same result as what @bstefans16 was getting. I tried the DWIN_SET from "CR-6 SE -source code V1.0.3.6.rar" and also the one inside of "DWIN_SET.zip.saving" from the "CR-6 SE 32BIT latest firmware--V1.0.3.6.rar" set. They all result in the same message as seen by @bstefans16 .

Any suggestions?

• Ok so I just read this thread and I am thoroughly confused.

There are three files on the web site, two of which have the same date and name. They have two subdirectories (screen/mainboard).

I assume to update I copy something to the SD and cycle the power.

Question is: which files should I copy to the SD? Do they really work or not?

• @bstefans16
    Hi,
    Use the DWIN_SET files from CR-6 SE -source code V1.0.3.6.rar - they are OK..
    The files included in CR-6 SE 32BIT latest firmware--V1.0.3.6.rar are bad: The files in the folder DWIN_SET are the ones from the CR-6 SE_32-bit_V1.0.2.bin_200907.rar and missing the T5L_UI_DGUS2_V14.BIN .There is a DWIN_SET.zip.saving which is the ZIP with the new files but the encoding of the Chinese filename is wrong.

• I updated the board firmware no problem but the screen firmware is acting odd. I’m getting the blue screen after about 2-3 sec, but it immediately says SD Card Process . . . END ! And lists the different type of files below with all of them having a number of 000 on the right.

I assume it would list the number of each of those types of files included in the screen firmware, no? I tried to redownload the file, reformat the micro sd, nothing.

Some info - i have a micro sdhc (not sdxc). Is that compatible? What else could be the reason?

I’ve included an image below:
    F95CE824-F8F4-43CD-B040-675675C62BFD.jpeg

• On Youtube there are two different updates shown. One on the front of the printer and one when you open it and insert a microsd into the board underneath the touchscreen.
    Can you tell which files go into which section?
    thanks

• it would be nice if the firmware can read more than 5 pages of files, it's kind of annoying to look for old files when it can only read files up to 5 pages

• I'm running V1.0.3.6 still having two annoying issues:

1. The nosle scratches on the print bed if i cancel the print while printing the first layer
    2. The bed leveling data get lost on a power cycle, so I need to repeat the bed leveling before every print

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.