Stuck at loading screen

• Hello,

I've checked a few other threads here and sent a ticket in, but I was hoping maybe there is a solution I was missing somewhere. I'd really not like the machine to be down for so long.

My printer was working fine without issue. I turned it off and later in the day turned it back on. When I turned it back on the lcd screen just shows the creality screen with the loading bar. Nothing ever loads at all and it just sits there no matter how long I let it go.

I’ve tried turning it off and on again, unplugging it for a few minutes and trying again. I’ve tried with the sd card inserted and not. I’ve tried with my computer hooked up to it and not.

The last thing I tried was to flash the firmware but putting the newest .bin file on the root of the sd card and inserting it. It did not behave any differently. The video I watched showed it flash to a black screen when updating firmware. Mine did not do this. Same behavior.

Is there anything else I can try?

• Dear @Sonics99

We suggest you use the SD card is 8G

• @admin said in Stuck at loading screen:

Dear @Sonics99

I send your question and picture to our engineer, he suggests you refresh the firmware.
    1.0.3.7.bin
    Please give feedback if it works.

Thank you, that did work. Oddly it is very specific about the SD card it seems. It seems like it only works on smaller sized cards because of the size sectors it needs or the formatting option it requires.

Can you confirm with the engineers what specific format the card should be in (cluster size, total size, formatting option)? Has to be some distinction, as I too could only get the provided one to work and not any of my other ones.

Could be helpful for everyone. Thank you for the help!

• I had the same problem: screen was stuck at the loading page.

Installing the V1.0.3.6 from another SD card did not work, but when I added the file to the original SD card, the loading indicator moved and afterwards the firmware was updated. Hurray!

• @admin said in Stuck at loading screen:

d picture to our eng

New firmware solved my problem of being stuck at start-up screen. Interestingly, using an older SD card (256MB) freshly formatted and only with the bin file on it will not update the printer. I emptied the 8GB card that came with the printer and that did work. Hopefully it will work for Sonics99 too!

Unfortunately, I am stuck again at the auto-leveling. I will look at the forum threads and see if I can solve that through that route first.

Thanks!
    Marc

• Dear @Sonics99

I send your question and picture to our engineer, he suggests you refresh the firmware.
    1.0.3.7.bin
    Please give feedback if it works.

• @shaak1979 said in Stuck at loading screen:

@admin for reference to other users (I also forwarded it to CS): this is all I get when turning the switch on the side to power on). Picture1.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I sent a video as well to support.

• @admin for reference to other users (I also forwarded it to CS): this is all I get when turning the switch on the side to power on). Picture1.jpg

• Dear @Sonics99 ,

Could you send a video to cs@creality.com that our engineer need your issue video to analysis.

• Dear Creality,

I have exactly the same problem as Sonics99. I wanted to see whether I could flash the controller unit as was suggested in an other post, but I do not have a separate file for that.

The problem actually occurred after shutting down manually because the auto-level functionality was stuck in the screen with the 16 squares and stating that the nozzle was being heated (it reached 120 degC but then did nothing anymore, touchscreen became unresponsive).

Now it is as described by sonics99: the Creality screen with the loading bar staying empty.

It seems the software may have been corrupted at a sudden power shut-down or it has something to do with the auto-resume functionality blocking start-up?

With kind regards
    Marc

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.