CR-6 SE dead (no power/can't power on)

• My kickstart CR-6 SE printer is dead (no power).

What's the best/fastest way to get my printer fixed?
    Urgent - have a lot of print projects waiting.

Trouble symptoms:

• Printer will not power up.
    • Power switch on/off doesn't do anything.
    • Removing & reinserting AC power cord doesn't do anything either.
    • No sound
    • No light

• @shinmai I bypassed the switch

• @Budi said in CR-6 SE dead (no power/can't power on):

120V AC at the input

At the input of the PSU? Has the switch welded closed, or did you bypass it for testing?

• @admin It's the power switch. The power supply is good: 120V AC at the input and 24V DC output.
    @admin What is the next step? Can you ship me a replacement switch that works, safer & reliable? Let me know if you need my KS backer # for verification/address.

• I have just experienced what may be the same problem. My Creality CR-6 SE shut down unexpectedly and now won't power up at all (and switch itself feels less "positive" when flipping).

While I have a multimeter, I'm not that experienced using it. Can anyone provide slightly more detailed instructions on how to determine if the switch has failed?

• Dear @Budi

You can use a multimeter to test whether the power supply has input and 24V output, whether the power cord is in a normal path

• @Budi it's the power switch toggle that has failed, just as it has on many more of these disasters. PLEASE don't try to remove the switch to fix yourself...mine started spitting sparks out if the switch late last week before I could pull the plug on it! I haven't touched it since it happened, and the responses about this problem are by and large being ignored by the company.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.