Ender 5 Plus board for Ender 3 Pro?

• Hi folks,

I'm new to this community and to 3d printing in general.

I bought a Ender 3 Pro and now I have decided to add a second z-motor to stabilize the left side.

While thinking about this I also thought it would be nice to have a silent mainboard that is capable to use this 2 z-motors without soldering an y-cable because there is no second pinout for z on ender 3 boards.

Then I ordered a "BTT SKR mini E3" because this would fit to my needs.
    But this board is crap and is gone up in smoke after 2 days. After reading about many problems many users had with this board I decided to go with another.

And this is where I'm stuck... The only boards I found which have two z pinouts are for the Ender 5 Plus / CR10.

And here's my question:

Can anyone confirm that the "Creality Upgraded Silent Mainboard V2.2.1 with TMC2208" would fit to my Ender 3 Pro if I flash it with a customized Marlin firmware?

My thought was, if I take Marlin cofiguration for Ender3 and change the drivers to TMC2208 and the board type to MKS_GEN_L this should fit.

Any suggestions??

Maybe any customizers here?

cheers,

Dan

• @admin I got it running with customized Marlin 2.x
    seems your engineer hasn't tested it.

thanks anyway

Dan

• @admin hmm sad to hear this... but I will search for other solutions...
    do you have any further suggestions how to deal with a second z-stepper?

• Dear @damn

I checked with our engineer, ''Can anyone confirm that the "Creality Upgraded Silent Mainboard V2.2.1 with TMC2208" would fit to my Ender 3 Pro if I flash it with a customized Marlin firmware?'' no, it can't be.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.