CR10S Pro V2 Tuning
Using a brand new CR10S Pro V2 all stock I am able to produce great quality prints with one exception, small prints have a funky over extrusion. The picture below was printed with following settings (temps given in degrees Celsius):
Extruder temp: 210
Bed temp: 60
Extrusion multiplier: 0.89 (stock was 0.90, I lowered to 0.89 hoping it would have an impact on the small structures but it did not.)
I have made sure all 4 corners are level and am getting great 1st layer adhesion to the bed.
Any thoughts are appreciated, thank you for your time.
The Universe decided to assist me in my troubleshooting...
When I awoke this morning and checked my 30hr print that was about 80% complete I see that the printer shows print finished on the display but clearly, since I could see the infill and not the finished top of the part, it had not. Discovery of the cause took a moment to notice as I did not immediately see any spaghetti mess of melted filament. But in short order I saw that my PTFE tube was no longer inserted in the coupler at the feeder end and the printer had dutifully fed the plastic into a nice coil behind the machine, un-melted. So I quietly rerolled the spool and fired off an email to customer support and ordered a nice set of E3D Bowden couplers. It was at this point I slowed down, had my coffee and found my spare parts baggie that I forgot existed, which contained... an extra Bowden coupler. First test print of a string tower was stringy but the structure of the tower is clean and as expected. I would upload pictures but the site keeps erroring out. This question can be marked as closed.