• Hi admin,

I need a firmware for Ender 6 to support BL touch V3.1

right now I wire it and it didn't work correctly , it stop at the middle

and sometime didn't start up with the printer

would be kind if your team fast build a firmware to support V3.1

thx

• update guys

after a new board from creality, new cable new bl touch, still same problem

there response to me was its a good machine without the BL Touch. what a an utter joke.

i wont buy creality again

Ian

• @Dogberticus
    Ah good one too. I didn't know what the screw was for. Sounds like it should be set right at the factory, but good to know to adjust if needed. From https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/BLTouch_Troubleshooting

• Check the Pin. The BLTouch won't function reliably if the pin is dirty or damaged. The pin can be removed for cleaning or replacement. The set screw at the top of the BLTouch holds the pin inside the body, and also acts as the ferrous core for the electromagnet to draw up the pin. Try loosening or tightening the set screw slightly to adjust the trigger sensitivity.

Indeed, it errors out if the pin doesn't drop when released, and probably also if it can't pull/hold it in.

• @telephasic Yes the wiring matters, as well as the screw setting on the BL-touch. When I first installed the Bl-touch it was erroring out every pass, but a quarter turn on the adjustment screw and the Bl-Touch came in line and started working like a champ. So make sure that the the BL-Touch is dialed in correctly as well.

• @Diplomator said in Firmware for Ender 6 to support BL touch V3.1:

I have exactly the same Problem, the BL Touch runs, level the bed. But i sometimes it stops and the Red light flashes. Sometimea it runs but the print stops in the middle.

In my option the Firmware has a lot lot lot Bugs.

If you have a look on different posts or on Facebook ind different groups you will find the same Problem at every second Printer, so it cannot be a Hardware Problem it seams to be Software Problem.

But what a pity that creality didnt help to find a solution..

So the conclution is that the BLTOUCH did not work on the ender 6 ?

If it was firmware problem, why only some printers, and not all? You said every second printer, but people only tend to post about it when there is a problem, so I think there are more working out there than not.

For me, ender-6 with firmware 1.0.4.9 and BL touch 3.1 is working fine for many months without any such problems. Maybe other people can back me up here?

The thing about hardware is that it depends on the user and/or factory to assemble it correctly. Especially wiring is prone to having wrong or loose or bad connections, leading to intermittent problems, which seem to be what most people report.

I could be wrong, but I think firmware doesn't have such variation.

Stopping mid-print sounds like accidental tripping of z-stop signal.

• I have exactly the same Problem, the BL Touch runs, level the bed. But i sometimes it stops and the Red light flashes. Sometimea it runs but the print stops in the middle.

In my option the Firmware has a lot lot lot Bugs.

If you have a look on different posts or on Facebook ind different groups you will find the same Problem at every second Printer, so it cannot be a Hardware Problem it seams to be Software Problem.

But what a pity that creality didnt help to find a solution..

So the conclution is that the BLTOUCH did not work on the ender 6 ?

• @Jonny-D
    I have similar. All connects ok, does the Test, then when the bed comes up it crashes into the Nozzle. The BL Touch just then starts flashing red 😞

Ive checked the Cables they are all find, if i reverse the white and black it just makes a horrendous Sound. Ive spent hours going through the internet but there is just no information available. I am really annoyed as i swapped out my Eryone Thinker for the Ender 6, The Eryone was flawless

• I have installed a BLTouch and the latest firmware. I have attempted to follow the YouTube video, however, the nozzle crashes into the bed on the second BLTouch test and then hangs.

I have had a great deal of trouble getting this far due to faulty BLTouch and cable, and also a fault spray board on the printer.

Please can someone help as I'm really fed up with it now.

Thanks.

• @Dogberticus Updated: 3/4/21 I was able to figure out what the issue was, which is in both videos I watched for installation (and rewatched multiple times) the wiring was incorrectly shown backwards. (Having the wiring backwards cause the issue of the motor noise.)
    I reversed the wiring on the main board connection and this fixed the problem and the BL-Touch was able to do the 25 point bed level test. (I found a post from one user with a link to the official video that Creality posted, which showed the wiring error)

• @Dogberticus
    For me the problem went away when I replaced alligator test leads for proper soldered connections in the middle of the cable. I hooked up to the breakout board by the extruder, not to mainboard in the case. I don't know if that would have worked.

And for me it was all motors, not just one, that were making noise until then.

Other people have asked about this.
    @those people: is it fixed and if so, what fixed it?

One thought: from the fw version screen, it will say "Ver 1.0.4.9" but there is no indication of BL touch or endstop version.
    If you see the measurement grid and options on the Leveling page, then you can be sure.

Well if you ever do solve it, be sure to share your fix here.

• I'm hoping someone here can help with a problem I'm having on the installation of the BL-Touch 3.1 on my Ender 6 3D (MB ver 1.1). I've gone through the full installation steps including upgrading the FW to the latest 1.4.0.9 BL-Touch (verified on screen); that the wires on both ends match exactly (white, black, yellow, red, blue; with the white lead on the motherboard being on the far right when looking at the MB). When the BL touch is connected the system will start to boot up, then the it sounds like the Z-axis motor rumbling (i.e. something is wrong). I've tested it with the original z-axis switch connection plugged in and not plugged in and the same thing happens. It seems like something is wired wrong, but I've triple checked the wiring and even rewired it twice and the same thing happens. I'm out of guesses at this point and hope that someone knows what is going on.

• Dear All Supporters:

In order to better serve our users and solve their after-sales problems in a timely manner,
    our technical team has created an official after-sales platform:

For after-sales issues with Creality products, please move to the official after-sales channel, where we have the professional after-sales staff to deal with your after-sales issues in real-time.

Below is the official after-sales channel portal, if you have any after-sales issues, please contact us on this platform. Thank you for your support.

https://www.creality.com/service-request

• @SidP
    I really don't know if soldering job itself can be bad enough to mess it up. There'll be loads of youtubes about soldering splices if you need tips. Basically just need to twist enough of the bare wires together and coat in solder. Make sure each joint is insulated (electrical tape should be good enough, heat shrink tubing looks nicer).

Hope you have already checked/confirmed the wiring order. Can refer to my photos in this thread.

Should use a multimeter on each wire of the unconnected cable to check/confirm good continuity and no shorts to other wires.

Shooting in the dark here, but maybe if the cable is coiled around itself tightly anywhere, or a part of the printer, it can mess up the signal too?

I didn't see any ready-made cables/kits yet, but maybe you can find somebody at creality who knows when they plan to start selling them.

Good luck

• I have the same noises what @telephasic had. 😞

I thought i messed up the soldering for the first time but when i tried it again from zero, i ended up with the same noises.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Is it possible to buy a completely assembled cable from somewhere?

I'm afraid I'm not really good at soldering and that's what causing my problem. 😞

• @Etienne Did you find a fix for this ?

• @telephasic said in Firmware for Ender 6 to support BL touch V3.1:

Picoblade 5-pin

Thank you for the info. I have found the 5-pin connectors available (http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk/conn_picoblade.html).

• @dman said in Firmware for Ender 6 to support BL touch V3.1:

Hi, I have BLtouch version 3.1. The cable between the BLTouch and the PCB has only 1 JST connector for the BLTouch. The other end of the cable just has female headers to connect to the adapter boards.

Yeah i fell in the same trap, believing they might have come with cables for Ender-6. It seems they are not being sold yet.

Do you know which JST connector is needed to connect to the PCB mounted to the frame?

It's exactly the same as what goes into the bl touch itself. I learned that these smaller connectors are technically not JST connectors (JST being a company), they are "Picoblade 5-pin" connectors designed by company Molex. If you buy from an electronics shop, that's the right name. If you buy from amazon/etc, then the same are sold with the (wrong) name "JST 1.25mm 5-pin".

Or you can buy a bl touch extension cable, which has 1 of those on one end, and something else on the other. Maybe you can find the right extension kit that plugs into what you got with your bl touch. If not, you probably have to do some cutting and soldering.

In any case, you need to end up with a cable with identical connectors at each end, and pay attention to the wiring!

This is how mine ended up.
    img_20210116_225751.jpg

• @telephasic said in Firmware for Ender 6 to support BL touch V3.1:

I can confirm that the firmware 1.0.4.9 and BL touch 3.1 do play nice together.

Hi, I have BLtouch version 3.1. The cable between the BLTouch and the PCB has only 1 JST connector for the BLTouch. The other end of the cable just has female headers to connect to the adapter boards.

Do you know which JST connector is needed to connect to the PCB mounted to the frame?

• @GZZ agree 100%, should not be on SD!

And that also seems backwards: that disable auto bed level means it doesn't read stored values. Annoying.
    You'd think disabled = read & use the stored mesh,
    Enabled = will measure again before print, so don't necessarily need to read.

If you have the right G code in your slicer though, and there is a valid mesh, it should be ok to leave ABL off in the lcd menu but still read & use the stored mesh... But I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Should be able to bypass the whole faulty menu by using serial terminal, although I don't think that solves the SD card mistake. Probably needs firmware editing.

• @telephasic To make matters worse. If you disable Auto Bed Level under Settings -> Leveling, then it dont read the bed level settings from the SD Card and all numbers are Zero. You then have to enable it and then turn off/on the machine for it to load the settings from the SD Card.

Its for sure a desgin error and I already raised a ticket, but not sure they will get back to me. The settings should NEVER be saved on the SD card, but on the mainboard.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.