Motala, I got mine working finally. Here is what I did:
- I uninstalled all software using the uninstall program using the 'uninstall' program on the flash drive that came with the 3d printer.
- I then went in my laptop screen to START (lower left corner), then SETTINGS (the gear symbol), and APPS (uninstall, defaults, options features), and looked down the list when it opened for CREALITY SLICER. Click on CREALITY SLICER and UNINSTALL. It appears that the flash drive does not completely uninstall the entire program, so old data may be present.
- I did a RESTART so everything would be clean for a reinstall.
- I put the flash drive back in and did an INSTALL and let it place the program where it wanted to go. I think if you move it which is an option may be the problem, which I believe was my case, as it would not start-up the program after my initial install. Perhaps it does not map critical files so it can open properly.
- I removed the flash drive and again did a RESTART. Maybe paranoia but I have seen programs not fully function until a reboot.
- Once Windows opened I clicked on the icon for CREALITY SLICER and it went immediately to the first time user screen for settings and everything started up nicely.
I hope this is helpful for you as it worked for me. I would be interested to see if it works for you as well.