I have just got a real BlTouch from Creality, BUT, as soon as I plugged it into my board (carefully following the installation instructions), I could smell smoke, and the V2 board died.
I am an electronics engineer and managed to fault find the board and discovered that the SMD fuse "F2" on the output of the 5V regulator on my V2 board was blown (it had turned to black charcoal). Fortunately, I was able to replace the fuse with a PTC resettable fuse, and this bought the board back to life.
The fault was caused by a wiring harness error in the supplied Creality harness.
After I had cut the harness wires (I had fitted the harness inside the cable mesh, so did not want to undo that), I noted that the 5 way connector on the BL Touch had swapped RED and BLUE wires. (they are correct on the "servo" connector). The result of this fault is that as soon as the BL Touch Is plugged in, it short circuits the 5V supply. The fuse then blows, and the board dies- nothing appears on the LCD and the machine is dead.
If you get a BL Touch I would strongly recommend checking the wiring BEFORE turning the Ender ON to avoid this problem.
I have seen other posts where "the board died after fitting a BL Touch" and I wonder if this faulty wiring harness is perhaps common?
![alt text]( image url)
I have had clone BL Touches before, but thought I would get a "real " one this time, so I was very disappointed by the Creality or Antlabs failure of quality control.