Ok so still Zero answers from Creality.
After searching around it looks like Creality have changed some of their boards but haven't bothered to update any of their firmware menus, help info, videos or actually tell anyone (TH3D have written a blog post on it).
They seemed to have created a hellish nightmare to use the BLTouch by simply removing the Z-Offset option from the menu
Oh! and Pronterface does not work as you cant save to the Eeprom any more.
Initial test of @davidzohar way of doing it seems to be working so I have expanded on it.
NOTE: Make a note of any Step settings as they will get wiped
- Update to the latest firmware from Creality for your BLtouch setup.
- MAKE SURE YOUR SD CARD IS IN AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU SWITCH ON AND OFF (thanks @davidzohar ) once the printer has booted it seems ok to remove the card and put it back in.
"Also, one thing that drove me nuts was that if you don't keep the SD card in the SD card slot your settings will be gone if you turn the printer off. So make sure that your SD card is in all the time, during settings and during print..."
- Unwind all you bed level screws (so the bed is highest.
- Prepare > Auto home (this should result in X=70, Y=107, Z=10)
- Work out your Z-Offset (mine was about -2.6)
Go to Prepare > Move > Move Z-Axis > 1mm
BE CAREFULL YOU CAN CRASH THE BED INTO THE HEAD
drop the head down to 0
go back and use move z-axis 0.1mm (Use 0.025mm if needed)
dial down slowly so that your paper is trapped (as if you were levelling manually)
- Go to Prepare > Auto home (this should result in X=70, Y=107, Z=10)
After Auto home
- Go to Control > bed levelling> Probe Z Offset > [use the dial to select the desired offset]
- Go back and select 'Store settings' (scroll down to find it)
- and once more Go back and select 'Store settings' (scroll down to find it)
- Got to Control > bed levelling> Bed level
- This will then cause a final Z position of a higher number than before (Mine was Z12.87 for some reason)
- Run a bed level calibration print. If you need to make slight adjustments to the Z-Offset go through points 4 onwards using 0.025mm Z-axis movements.
- After your print make sure that you turn off the printer with the SD card still in the machine.
I am still running some tests but all looks good so far.