@Grunema maybe the CR-6 will be better in future builds, when they work all the kinks out of it. I feel like they rushed its development for the kickstarter. When it is working ok it prints real nicely. There are a lot of tweaks needed to make in the slicer but that's with any printer.
For me the problems that have been fixed by me or advice by others are:
- Save settings to EEPROM: Get latest firmware and keep the same SD card in the printer (there is actually no EEPROM on the board).
- USB powers the display when off: Slice open a cheap USB cable and cut the power line.
- Auto bed leveling: I keep my tweaks saved in my start gcode.
- Adhesion: Yes I used rubbing alcohol at the start. Now I use gluestick and wash the glass with warm water every few prints, when the glue residue is too mountainous.
- Calibrations: Like any printer, followed advice on https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#intro
- Defective power button: I bought a new one on amazon and installed it. Easy and cheap.
- Z-sensor: Can calibrate the touch sensitivity by a small setting screw on circuit board on the hot end assembly.
- Hard to feed filament into feed motor: Printed a alignment clip that snaps in between the runout sensor and drive box.
- Bed loose on Y-axis rails: Adjust the screws under the bed, one side has offset nuts so that the wheels can be tightened/loosened against the rail. Helps with the ABL as well.
These are not for everyone as you may find some have had horror stories with these issues (fires, sensor faults, motherboard fried, excessive grief over wasted money, missing parts in the shipment, missing printer (no tweaks for this one;), etc.)
Things I still want improved or fixed:
- Quieter fans. Got the small blower on order now since its the cheapest. I'll work on the case fans next.
- A new glass plate. Mine got scratched a bit because my z-offset was default. Maybe I should get a flexible mat
- Some sort of nozzle wiper and purge box, to better implement purging between filament changes and the wipe procedure
- Firmware - add filament change command
- Firmware - more responsiveness from touch screen when printing from computer/octoprint
- Firmware - better organization of touchscreen options. Move commands should be under Control section and Set Temperature should be under Prepare section.
- Firmware - Z-offset should not be limited to ±0.5mm. I usually run at +0.45mm so its not a huge deal for me.
I wouldn't say no to this printer but if you can wait a year, it may be better 'out of the box'