I believe I have found the a fix for this!
- Delete the eeprom data from the sd card.
- Insert blank sd card and turn on the machine.
- Select leveling and set Z offset to negative .5.
- Press the auto home button in the middle of the arrows.
- After it homes take Z offset up to around .4 and check with piece of paper!
What I noticed is, when you turn the machine on and try to adjust the z axis. It does not move. You first have to do the auto home function, then adjust the z axis. So when you set it to negative first and then do the auto home, whatever your z offset input was becomes its zero. But it still reads that it is -.5. This then gives you many more steps to increase the offset in the desired direction.
Hopefully they fix this with some type of firmware update or something. It would be nice if you could go into the move setting. Freely adjust z and have an option to make a z coordinate its 0. Could help with resume printing functions as well as filament color changes. Or if you just wanted to print on top of something.