Camera Stops Working

My joy was too quick. The new camera also lost connection, unfortunately :(.
But, the time of correct operation has significantly increased.

I am also having the same issue where the camera is dropping out/disconnecting. I only really print PLA and the length of time until it disconnects also varies and I have no idea why it is failing.

I have further observations. I hope that someone from Creality is reviewing these records and they will be helpful in eliminating our problem.
For the last 3 days, the printer was turned on but did not print anything. The camera remained active the entire time.
Could the problem be some contacts disconnecting for a moment due to vibrations?
I will be printing again soon. We will see what will happen…

I do have the same issue since the last update. K1 Max, only printing PLA, the camera stopped working a few days back and haven’t worked again.

so once in my institute during my CFA class, the technician came as K1 camera was not working but when he connected with ethernet port, it started working

Mod Edit: Took out links to spam in post.

I have the same problem. When rebooted, the camera works fine for a few hours and then times out with a connection error. It worked fine before one of the updates. It constantly reject the connection request now and has to be rebooted to get the camera to work at all. This is a problem since I got the k1 max for the ability to print and monitor remotely. This is my replacement k1 max, because the first one died during the first update and never worked. Creality said it was the motherboard and sent me a new one. I replaced the motherboard and it still didn’t work. Luckily, Amazon had already mailed me a replacement, which thankfully worked fine. Creality wanted me to replace the power supply next, but I told them that I didn’t feel comfortable doing that, and it wasn’t my job to repair their product that was purchased new. If I buy something new, it should work right out of the box.

1 Like

I have the same issue exactly and its very frustrating.
I noticed something interesting. When the camera disconnects, and you attempt to do a calibration, an error pops up reporting that the AI Liadar can not be detected. After a reboot you can use the AI Liadar again.
Could the AI Liadar and Camera be connected to the same USB port?
With the power off I unplugged the AI Liadar, powered up have have printed three models without a single camera disconnect.
Also interesting that the previous camera pauses that always occurred seems to be gone now.
Im not sure if I found a work around, but looks promising so far.
Could there be a firmware incompatability between the camera and AI Liaddar devices? Really hoping they fix this soon.

1 Like

This just happened to me in my last print. The camera has been working fine until now. I have not changed anything other than upgrading to the new slicer but the camera was working fine. Mid last print it just died. Any help would be nice. I am not willing to disassemble the machine yet but given the last post perhaps a hardware/firmware issue. The lidar doesn’t seem to really do anything anyway…

1 Like

the lidar will work when you give order in creality print 5.0 “print with calibration”

Also print from and a checked calibrationbox at the machinescreen will activate lidar and calibrationline printing.

Just a followup on disconnecting the AI Liadar and its effect on camera disconnects. Checked remotely and the camera is still working 24 hours straight without a disconnect. Previously at best it would disconnect within a few hours.

here is an example

maybe this will help you

Thanks man, disconnecting the AI Lidar cable fixed my camera disconnecting issues for now. So far the camera has remained connected. Thanks again.

1 Like

Excellent!!!
I have been printing on and off now with the AI Lidar disconnected for 20 days and have not lost the camera once.
Hoping with this information Creality can come up with a firmware patch so eventually we can reconnect the AI Lidar again.

Can confirm this has resolved my issue with the camera as well. I like the idea of the AI Lidar and i plug it in when I change filament rolls, do a calibration and then power down and unplug it and run my print with no issues.

I just bought a K1 Max and have the same issue, the camera just freezes.

Tried the solutions presented here as disconnecting the lidar cable but for me this does not work and the camera continue to freeze. I am using it from the ethernet port and never configured wireless connection, so this is not the issue at all.

Also, if chamber temperatures of 40~42°C is a problem for this camera, Creality has a very serious flaw in the design because where I live this is the ambient temperature almost everyday.

I will follow this up and try with the creality support to see if anything new comes up from them. From what I have read here, seems to be the worst purchase I have ever made.

Bumping this topic. Has there been any progress from Creality?!

1 Like

I was wondering, have anyone tried to manually enable the camera?
on my machine i can still see the camera connected as ID 0c45:6366 Microdia
and from what i can grasp Microdia has changed the drivers, to there is no “autowake”, they ignore the autosuspend 0 and autosuspend_delay_ms 0 so the camera simply turns off by itself and you need to manually turn it on again.

Some mentioned the lidar to be on the USB, it does not seem so, i dont see mine listed under USB devices.

im going to test messing with the camera control tonight:
echo ‘on’ > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1/power/control

and maybe resetting the autosuspend config too.

and to anyone asking, yes im using root access via SSH

I haven’t had the Lie-Dar plugged in for months (since it doesn’t show up on my connectivity software)- zero issues. I also have another cheapo USB Cam for backup.

@KatsuoRyuu: looking forward to your findings!