Creality Print 5.0 - wrong printing time

Hello, I have a K1C printer. Newest firmware. I started using Creality Print 5 instead of version 4. The time it takes to print is inaccurate. I use standard settings for 0.08 mm (I only changed the layer height to 0.1 mm). On the attached example. The printout should come out in less than 2 hours. After the required time has elapsed, the printing time is extended. What is wrong? I didn’t have this problem on version 4.3.8 when printing 0.1 mm layers.

edit1//
Another test. A model from the “Test model” menu named Cylinder. Slicer 5.0 on the standard setting of 0.16 mm layer says 17 min. Code sent to K1C, printing time 20 min. The code is sent incorrectly or the printer software needs to be updated and improved. Please someone check this too. This problem does not occur on slicer version 4.3.

My mistake. Version 4.3 has the same problem with a significant increase in printing time. The problem started after updating the printer software (K1C) to the newer version 1.3.3.29. Before this, on version 1.3.3.8 everything was fine.

Small update:

I did some tests.

Everything is fine on Slicer Orca 2.1.0. The time given is consistent with the printing time on my K1C. In fact, it is slightly longer than Clearity Print 5.0, but it is 100% correct.

So there is something wrong with Clearity Print 5 being used for K1C. I think so because I don’t have any answer to this problem.

I am using Creality Print 5.1, and my V3 KE showing Print Time, Filament Lenght, and all print records as 0… But printing is working fine…

Maybe try using and checking out Orca Slicer.

I, after many attempts with CP, gave up. I reported my problem to support, but nothing solved the problem. I mean nothing, no matter what version of CP or trying to (supposedly) update the nozzle settings for K1C.

Eventually I started using Orca Slicer and since then everything is fine. In addition, I noticed that the quality of prints is better than in CP. I don’t know why, but it is better.

1 Like

Hi! I think I have the same problem. I have the new K1 SE, and i was slicing normally with standard profile lots of STL. The printing times were so fast so I didn’t think about using other slicer. But suddenly, the printing time of new STLs increased x2. Objects that were printed in 28mins now, with the same profile, the printing time is more than 1h. It is like the speed changed so drastic, and I didn’t change anything. I hope someone can give a solution for this…

I managed a temporary fix for time.
The slicer use the wrong time format you can change it manual in the gcode:

I dont remember exatli the material display solution. You just have to fill the:
Management FIlament/Filament tab

Its the same for me with a K1.