I own a K2 Pro with a CFS and I print every week. The printer works. The software around it does not, and I am tired of working around it.
1. Direct printing over my local network is gone.
Since Creality Print 7.3.0.6149, “Send” only goes through the cloud. The log shows the device ID used as the address and moonrakerPort 0. The printer is two metres away on the same network. Today I slice in Creality Print and upload the gcode to the printer with my own Python script, because the official application cannot do it.
2. Failures are reported as success.
In late September, jobs sent through the cloud never reached the printer. The log said oss_upload result=0, cloud_register result=0 and fire_print_send_event: error_code - 0. The only message I saw, “could not get the printer storage information”, blamed the printer, which was fine. In one case the trigger turned out to be images inside the Auxiliaries/ folder of a 3MF downloaded from a public model site. Nothing in the application said so. I lost three days checking my network, macOS permissions and the printer, and reported the wrong component.
3. My settings are replaced without telling me.
- The upgrade to 7.3 did not migrate my user presets.
- A 3MF that carries my own presets is rebuilt with factory values when it is opened and saved, while the interface keeps showing my preset name. The bed went back to 50 °C and the exhaust fan to 0. I only found out by reading the gcode header.
4. Earlier versions were no better.
In 7.2.1 filament auto-mapping never completed. The backend answered "mapping_complete": true, and the AI chat panel threw undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n.split( )[2].trim') while rendering that success.
5. Support does not answer.
I sent measured reports, with data and PDFs, on 18 and 19 August. I reported the 7.3 problems at the end of September and sent a follow-up on 1 October. As of today, no reply. My first forum account was suspended for “Promoting” after a single introduction post with no links.
What I expect from a company that sells printers and filament worldwide:
- When something fails, the error must be visible, explicit and concise. It should say what failed, where, and what I can do about it.
- A send is successful only when the printer has the job.
- Direct local printing should work, without depending on the cloud.
- Tickets should get an answer.
I have logs, test files and measurements for every point above, and I will share them with anyone from Creality who wants to reproduce them.
A printer is only as good as the software that drives it. Today I trust the hardware and work around the software. Until that changes, Creality Print has not earned the operational trust of its users.
Abdelkarim Mateos