Dialogue with the Creality Print V5 R&D Team

We are very pleased to welcome @Simmons-Creality from the Creality Print V5 R&D Team to our forum. You can share your usage experience, report bugs, and even express your future needs by filling out the feedback form below.

Creality Print V5 Feedback Form

If the R&D Team finds your input particularly valuable, you may be invited to engage in in-depth discussions directly with the development team!

2 Likes

I like V5 it has a lot of good features, just wish there was a conversion for my filament files from V4. I have found it to be buggy and have had to reload it with an uninstall load as it gets corrupted files. The latest version seams to better.

While I know Creality would like everyone to buy there filaments we all know people use many different brands. It would be nice if other manufacturers can be added besides by editing the JSON file. Also would be nice to be able to copy filament files from printer to printer to have a starting point.

Need to add the additional setup files for different size nozzles. If you change the nozzle size you have to save it to a new printer and it then gives you a warning that the printer you have selected is not the same as the one you sliced with.

Great job so far, as a software developer in a previous life I know how buggy something can be,

Hi there, here is the response from the R&D Team.

1. Compatibility of Custom Material Configurations: There is a desire for the new version to be compatible with files created in the previous 4.x versions. Currently, we are assessing the feasibility of this and will make every effort to achieve it.

2. Compatibility with Other Brands’ Material Settings: There is a plan to support other brands’ material settings in a way similar to using JSON files. This feature, allowing a material configuration to be used across multiple printers, is planned for the 5.2 release, expected in late September. However, it may not necessarily be implemented via JSON.

3. Custom Printer Prompts: The issue with unreasonable custom printer prompts has been fixed. You can try the new version 5.1.2 to see the improvements.

Could you please add the “Adaptive Layers” feature to V5?
EDIT: Found in in the tools section on the top at “Prepare” :smile:

I’m using Creality Print 5.1 with a (fully calibrated) generic ABS profile for my K1 printer. I have set the" Shrinkage" parameter in the filament profile to 0.94, to compensate for dimensional inaccuracies in the printed part in X and Y axis, although I DO NOT BELIEVE that the ABS is “shrinking” by that amount on the printer bed.

Furthermore, setting “Shrinkage” to 0.94 is easier than scaling every model in Creality Print by a nominal percentage, e.g. 100.6%, in the X & Y axis, before slicing.

To check the dimensional accuracy of my K1 prints, I used Fusion360 to create a 50x50x3 calibration block, and using Creality Print 5.1, I placed nine of these blocks on the Print Slicer bed, as a 3 x 3 array.

After slicing, printing and measuring, I determined the average dimensional error for the X and Y axis.

The result was -0.7% error for the X axis, and -0.6 error for the Y axis.

But there must be something else besides “shrinkage” to explain why the K1 is printing parts that end up being undersize in both the X & Y axis. I can’t figure it out :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry, I meant to say that I set the Shrinkage to 99.4%.