Drastic layer shift midway through print…help!

I have been experiencing a very dramatic layer shift midway through a print and I cannot figure out the issue.

I am on an Ender 3 v2 neo. I’m using comgrow PLA.

I’ve been trying to print the fractal star fidget on thingiverse and it starts off beautifully. I print my first layers at a speed of 5 and have good adhesion. I get roughly a half inch of build and then the print shifts suddenly by an inch or so. It is not gradual and has now happened 3 times. I’ve added a picture to show the shift. You can’t see the z height all that well but again, it’s about a half inch up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is it always exactly at the same layer? Did you try slicing it with a different software?

I don’t know if it is the exact same layer or not.

I also didn’t try different software. The print itself is actually from 2 files, the original and then the 2.0 with some unrelated fixes. I know it is purely anecdotal but I was looking through the comments on the build and nobody else seemed to mention the shift.

I did print a little calibration cat and there were no layer shifts so it does seem like a software issue.

I’m fairly new to this and have only been using the Creality slicer but perhaps I will look into another one.

1 Like

Good luck with the software change! It’s takes a moment to setup another slicer, but you’ll get there pretty easily! :slight_smile:

I have been having the same issue. Is there any thing you have been able to find to resolve this?