Ender 3 Max, Sprite Extruder Pro 4.2.2 Firmware not saving to EEPROM

I have a Ender 3 Max, bought a Creality BLtouch and a Sprite Extruder Pro. The board version is 4.2.2 The creality firmware will not save any settings to the EEPROM. Whenever the printer is powered off, all settings are lost. I do have a freshly formatted SD card inserted, I also have initialized the EEPROM in the advanced settings on the display. How do i get this firmware to save the settings

Hi @Dashwait and welcome to the forums.

Ensure that your SD card is formatted in the FAT32 format so that the printer can read and write to the card ok. You should then be able to access the settings menu on the printer and you should have an option in the menus to store settings. This should then write the configuration to the SD card.

Card is formatted in FAT32. No matter how many times I choose to store settings, no EEPROM.Dat file is created on the SD card. I have tried another card as well.

Did you update your firmware after fitting the sprite extruder? Might be worth reflashing your firmware.

I did. I downloaded this firmware.
Ender-3 Max_HW4.2.2_SW2.0.9.03_SpritExt_H300

This is the Sprite firmware for the Ender 3 Max. I freshly formatted the SD card and flashed the firmware to the printer, then removed the firmware from the SD card and set my Z Offset settings but no EEPROM is generated on the SD card. After turning off the printer and waiting a while, then turning the printer on with the SD card inserted, the printer reverts back to defaults and all settings are lost.

I did. I downloaded this firmware.
Ender-3 Max_HW4.2.2_SW2.0.9.03_SpritExt_H300

This is the Sprite firmware for the Ender 3 Max. I freshly formatted the SD card and flashed the firmware to the printer, then removed the firmware from the SD card and set my Z Offset settings but no EEPROM is generated on the SD card. After turning off the printer and waiting a while, then turning the printer on with the SD card inserted, the printer reverts back to defaults and all settings are lost.

Ok cool, thanks for confirming…

There are usually 2 variants of the 4.2.2 boards, you will need to check the board for a large black chip near where the version number is stamped, the large black chip will either have STM or GD stamped on it, could be that you need a different variant of them firmware depending on which chip you have.