Ender 3 Pro MriscoC firmware

Hello, I am new to 3d printing, and I am using what started as an Ender 3 Pro but I have made the following upgrades (all Creality parts):

  • 4.2.7 32bit Pro Silent Motherboard (wanted a less noisy printer)

  • Ender 3 V2 Intelligent Screen HD Color Screen Display (because why not)

  • Sprite Extruder Pro Upgrade Kit, with Sprite Extruder Upgrade Heater Block Kit for Creality, Ender 3 S1 Pro (I broke the stock extruder)

  • 3 Dual Z-axis Upgrade Kit (to handle the weight of the new extruder)

  • CR Touch Auto Leveling Kit (to help level the bed)

  • Ender 3 V2 Filament Runout Sensor Smart Filament Sensor (to stop the print if the filament runs out)

  • Ender 3 V2 Heated Bed (since I was in there)

  • Ender 3 Glass Bed Upgraded Build Surface Plate, 235x235x4mm (read these are better)

  • Metal Leveling Nuts and Springs Upgraded Set (to handle the weight of the new glass bed and keep level longer)

  • I am running the MriscoC Professional Firmware v 2.1.4 AML 2.0 Build

  • I am using Octoprint on a raspberry pi v3

  • I use Prusa Slicer for my software

  • All my filament is Prusa

Having said all of that, I only use PLA and PETG filaments, and I would like to get down to just those 2 profiles in my slicer and have them dialed in so I can just select a profile and print. Does anyone have recommended settings I can load into both my slicer software and dialed in settings for the MriscoC firmware?

I had PLA working pretty good but when I tried to print PETG I accidently changed the settings in my PLA profile and haven’t been able to get it back to was. Now I get cruddy prints with both PLA and PETG and for the life of me cannot figure it out. Now I am afraid with all of the settings I have changed based off AI or google searches I have really messed things up. I recently defaulted everything (firmware and slicer) and got back to printing but it’s still not quite right.

So things I am having trouble with are as follows:

  • When a print starts the printer will lay down a line on the right side of the printer. This is always a good solid line, but when it starts the main print, the line gets thin like the nozzle is not far enough down. When I try and tune the z-offset the nozzle gets so low it just drags the bed, if I go the other way it is too high and I get dotted lines. when doing a paper test when setting my z-offset I dial it in until it feels like I am dragging the paper under a ball point pen.
  • Sometimes it will just stop extruding
  • Leveling. I can get all of my corners exactly at a Z=0.0 and the Bed Tramming wizard succeeds but when I go to Auto Mesh Leveling it’s always a mix of Greens, Reds and Blues like the bed is not level.
  • When I do get to print, the PETG is always stringy.
  • Even with glue, PETG is hard to get to stick to the far edges of the bed
  • When my extruder goes all the way to the left or right it always hits the frame.