Ender 3 s1 bricked help

Hello,

Never owned a 3D printer and I recently purchased a used Ender 3 S1. Had some tip heating issues and thought an update might fix to find out I installed wrong software. I removed bottom cover after I already screwed up to see chip set was FDM-V24S1_301. On Creality firmware, its the last one on page, I think. ( Mainboard Version: V24S1_301 25 Mar. 2022) Only thing is, they do not have release notes or install instructions. I tried to update both mainboard and screen. No idea how to fix issue and being I only had this thing 3 days now and screwed it up, I’m quite frustrated and ready to trash this thing and buy a new one. Any help would be awesome. Its the CRtouch version.

Thanks!

Hi @Divergentech and welcome to the forums.

It looks like the firmware you will need is indeed the bottom one on the firmware downloads page (Mainboard Version: V24S1_301). To install the firmware you need to do the following…

Update Mainboard:

• Format the SD card as FAT32 with 4096 allocation.
  • Rename the Ender-3s1-hw24s1_301-sw-V1.0.5_C-CRTouch.bin file to firmware.bin and place it on the SD card.
  • Insert the SD card into the printer and power on, allow the update to complete.
  • Once complete power off and remove the SD card.

Update Screen:

• Place the DWIN_SET and private folders onto the SD card.
  • Insert the SD card into the card slot in the back of the screen. (you may need to remove the screen cover to access it).
  • Power on the printer and allow it to perform the update.
  • Once complete power off the printer and remove the SD card.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your help. Screen update worked but no luck with mainboard. I downloaded firmware, opened file folder, copied bin file to sd card, renamed, (this was only way I got option to rename) inserted, and powered on. Still have logo with random numbers on screen.

Glad to hear the screen update went ok, you may need to perform the mainboard update as follows…

Update Mainboard:

• Create a folder named STM32F4_UPDATE on the SD card.
  • Rename the Ender-3s1-hw24s1_301-sw-V1.0.5_C-CRTouch.bin file to firmware.bin and place it on the SD card in the STM32F4_UPDATE folder.
  • Insert the SD card into the printer and power on, allow the update to complete.
  • Once complete power off and remove the SD card.

Hopefully that method will work for you.