Ender 3 S1 Plus, What the Heck is WRONG WITH THIS THING?

First off, I cannot get the printer to read an SD card. I have tried reformatting the 8gb card to fat32 using 4096 bytes, renaming files to less than 8 characters, tried every format that the ender says it supports but when I goto the print option on the touch screen, it is just a blank screen with some arrows that go from 1-4, each one a blank screen with no information about any files.

So i tried using the USB option. Creality slicer will not detect the printer. Cura WILL detect it about 50 percent of the time. However, whenever I try and print anything - I end up with long thin strands. At first, I thought it was because it wasn’t sticking to the bed but I showed a friend who has a lot of 3d printer experience and he said, ‘i have never seen anything like that. you need to contact creality support’. I spoke to them and they basically said ‘we will get to you when we feel like it’. Apparently, their support is garbage. Starting to think they sold me a broken printer honestly.

Here is a video I made of what is happening 3d printer help, ender s1 plus not printing correctly.

I have tried several models and all of them come out the same way.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how I can fix it? Is this a junk printer? I have no idea. The only other printer I ever used was a 80 dollar piece of crap from aliexpress that works better than this damn thing does… I am pretty pissed off I just spent 400 dollars on a paper weight.

1 Like