Ender 3 S1 Pro Latest Firmware ignoring slicer speed settings

Hi everyone

Printer: Ender 3 S1 Pro with the F401 chipset
Printer Firmware: Ender-3 S1_Pro_JPN KR_HWv24S1_301_SWV2.0.8.28F4_F401_FDM_LASER (Firmware)
Cura Version: 5.6.0

Today I upgraded my Ender 3 S1 Pro with the F401 chipset to the latest firmware from Creality’s website. I installed the screen and motherboard firmware according to their instructions.

I used my usual Cura profile to run a test print, just to make sure everything is fine, and everything turned out great.

But, I then realized that after the firmware upgrade, my printer is ignoring a lot of Cura settings, especially the settings related to speed and acceleration. I proceeded to slow down my print, by a lot, so that the difference in speed will be obvious, but my printer still just prints full speed. (I tried multiple different 3d models, both bigger and smaller ones, but all with the same results).

I also removed my Ender S1 Pro from Cura and added it again, just in case, but no change.

I have no clue if this is firmware related or if the firmware expects “different” Gcodes now that Cura does not provide in the GCode file. I guess I can just downgrade the firmware again then everything will be fine, but I am hoping one of the community members might have some advice.

I attached my Cura project file for one of my test print as well as the GCode file for the same test print. I also attached the profile that I used.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS, I also posted this over on the Cura forum, but I feel this is a bug in the firware and not a slicer thing.

Edit: I forgot to add that I did to a reset (on the display), but that did not solve any issues.

Cura Post

Did you have any luck fixing it?

I recently updated my s1 Pro and started having some issues, including what you mentioned about the speed. I noticed the nozzle goes full speed from the start messing with the first layer.

I’ve not been able to print a single file since then.

I hope you have a solution to share! Cheers

Howzit man

I just loaded the old firmware again that you can find at the link in my initial post. That sorted things out and everything went back to normal again.

I haven’t checked to see if there’s an update to the fast but “buggy” firmware, but I was told that the Creality support is active on Facebook. Just letting you know in case you do have to reach out to them at some point in the future (no idea why they chose Facebook as a support channel…)

Besides the buggy firmware the S1 is a great printer. As a side note, if you want speed and control, check out the Creality Sonic Pad. It runs the klipper firmware, has camera support, a web interface, vibration sensors, etc. I’m considering it myself.

Hope you come right.