Ender 3-v1 extruder clunk +

Right got all sorted after mainboard failure had a few prints ok but now I’ve got a new issue or two:-

1, when I first got my ender 3 v1 it was making a clunking sound on the extruder motor, Goggle suggested a Dual gear extruder which I have purchased and installed, but the clunk sound is back with a vengeance ( https://youtube.com/shorts/tFzch_J9Jlk?si=QdVhQD0Z-OREaKTy ) how do I solve this issue ?

2, my prints aren’t finishing as can be seen in the pic, and it seems when this happens the pla in the Bowden Tube get stuck and won’t pull back or push threw and it snaps off in the tube, what will solve this ?

The pic is meant to be a Vertical T-Rex Skull from the Thingiverse website using the Creality slicer software (fully updated) using standard quality print.

I saw the video of the clunk noise. It looks like the gears are having a hard time pushing or pulling the filament…? They are trying though…

What’s your retraction settings…?

Retraction setting would be default as I’ve not altered it as wouldn’t know where to find it, the video was when I’d just feed new PLA thru and asked it to start a print, all on standard settings.

Edit. Just been on my Creality slicer and the retraction is enabled and settings are

1. retraction distance 5mm
  2. Retraction speed 45mm/s
  3. Retraction Extra Prime Amount 0mm(cubed)

Shouldn’t that retraction setting be more like 0.5mm.
At least that’s what’s on mine for the K1 Max…
Your extruder might be a little different…

I can try it and see if it makes a diff

i agree with lowering the retraction, a direct drive only needs a small retraction, mine is set at 0.8mm but that is neither here or there compared to 0.5mm. 5mm is way too high for direct drive. Might want to reduce the maximum retraction count from 100 to something like 20.