Ender 3 v3 se - PEI Magnetic Flexible Steel Plate

Can you tell me if the magnetic plate that comes with the printer is coated with something (for better adhesion)? After the purchase, everything stuck to the table perfectly and everything was printed, but after a few days of work, the first layer stopped sticking. I tried changing the table temperature, calibrating, but nothing helps. I only wiped the table with a damp cloth. How can you clean such a magnetic plate? And what can I coat it with for better adhesion?

I have the exact same issue. I ended up buying another plate, which isn’t sticking either. Regardless of heat. I have ended up putting painters tape (lined up, not overlapped) on the bed, then elmers glue stick (purple to clear) where it will print. Which seems to help, but it’s still giving me issues I’m trying to figure out. But try that, painters tape and glue. I tried due to asking some one who does 3D printing for a living.

We have a K1 Max with the magnetic plate (textured) and use a product called Bed Weld
Tried different glues but mostly made a mess. This stuff costs a little more but the plate cleans up easily with Dawn dish soap. After printing it comes off with little effort. I’ve used other stuff that you need a chisel and hammer to get off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
We print a lot of toys for the family kids and use this all the time. I know you have a different printer but maybe it will work the same.

We use PLA. Nozzle temp: 220C
Bed Temp: 60C

1 Like

lmao i agree. once i started printing on my new filament, everything stuck to my plate with such greatness , i had to use a knife to get off the prints. The problem was that the bed temperature was 60°C and the filament was sticking a little bit too much. After setting the preheat to 50°C, everything is back to normal. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d recommend something like the textured PEI build plate. Here’s the double sided version on Creality’s site for reference.

I have the Ender 3 V3 KE and use a textured PEI build plate and it releases like a dream. Just pull the plate off and give it a little flex in a couple directions and the build pops off without even touching it.

2 Likes