Ender 5 Pro and CRTouch, extruder running backwards

I’m the happy oner of a E5Pro with a Microswiss direct extruder. I decided it would be nice to add a CRTouch autoleveler. That’s when the troubles began, I used to run Marlin V2.0.6, now any version but the Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 - BLTouch, makes my extruder run backwards. I’d like to find a newer version because of all the missing options like PID testing, etc.,

I’m not really knowledgeable in programming Marlin and compiling a new firmware.

Any and all help is most welcome!!

Thanks!!

Hi @Oblikfan and welcome to the forums.

I believe that there is 2 variants of motherboard for the Ender 5 Pro. Ideally you need to access the mainboard and check the black chip near the version number on the board. The chip will have some text on it and depending on which chip you have will depend on which firmware you will need to use.

Once you have checked to see if you have a STM chip or a GD chip we will be able to point you in the right direction to the correct firmware that should work with your machine.

Hi Nikoli, I have the STM chip, already had checked that info, just forgot to specify it.

Hi @Oblikfan thanks for confirming the chip labeling.

Assuming your board is a v4.2.2 variant you will want to use the Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.6HW4.2.2BLTouch firmware dated 29 Nov. 2022. Here is a screenshot to show specifically which one that should be in the firmwares list…

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi Nikoli, thanks for the response!

Tried it, and like all other BLTouch firmwares, my extruder’s rotation is reversed.

The only one I found that rotates the right way is with Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 BLTouch

As long as that firmware is working ok for you I would stick with it.

Alternative option would be to contact support and explain the issue as they may have a solution they can offer for the reversed extruding.

Thanks again! Will contact support. It’s printing good, but I’m sure that with more fine tuning options, I’d be able to get higher quality prints.

1 Like

I am running into the same issue, but Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 BLTouch
is no longer available. I wrote into support for help