Error codes (And what we can do with them)

@Zerquetch Sorry answer is so late. Just now reading these great posts.

Rebooting this machine is done by turning it off with the switch and then back on in a couple minutes.
Doing a factory reset in the options menu @ System / Reset to Default lets you choose to erase files and basically clean up the machine for a fresh start.
Hope this helps a little. :grinning:

@Collin I found the error codes in the Wiki site @ https://wiki.creality.com/en/k1-flagship-series/k1/maintenance
Thank you. Hopefully I’ll never have to use it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is that the complete list as far as you know…??

1 Like

Yeah, found under K1 Maintenance

But then there’s the ‘other’ code we get

and more like that
what be those, pray tell?

Extrusion below minimum temperature 170 degrees
Slicing problem, please use the official slicing or contact the official to use the official third-party slicing profile provided by the official

Abnormal motor driver chip TMC
Overheating: abnormal motherboard fan, low voltage: print speed is too fast.

Other error codes Please feedback to the official after-sales customer service.

So what’s with error 4292?

aside from the posted list, I have noticed it can produce a lot more and different error codes. Is there a more comprehensive list as you alluded to in your post:

Every connection has a path. Every path has a result.

So here’s another new error:

Error
key:3002, Unknown Exception

What’s this all about then? Doing some reading, seems like this has bricked more than a few machines with no explanation other than “Must be the mobo”

Any chance we can help all them folks struggling for a solution?

New One: 2112

What’s this? 4 times in a row, does the calibration great, then dumps a ton of filament on the bed and errors

Changed filament due to stories of Black filament not being read correctly, if at all. (I have used a LOT of black filament with zero issues other than these new problems)
So I updated everything, factory reset printer, now trying a temperature tower from the internal menu…

Barf! same as before.
Just trying the Flow rate calibration #1 now

Well that’s just poop… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I haven’t had a problem with Black PLA…
Any word from cs@Creality.com on this…??

So here’s a few more, I did’nt spend any time organizing, but I will later tonight!

code:key526 msg:PR_ERR_CODE_HAVE_LOST_STEP:Z-axis step loss was found.
And on the screen:
key2526,Z-axis movement not smooth or lead screw rotation not smooth

So those 25xx codes seem to be about bed levelling.
2521 Chip sensor
2522 Pressure sensor
2526 Z-axis not smooth
2529 Level Sensor Data Transmission Anomaly

I’m getting a E0500 unknown error Description :Key2154Unknown Exception

Tried restarting and also doing full calibration from the menu to reset levelling and the movement and extrusion looks OK when I manually run them.

Found a fix to this from Jamison_Burton (I had an apostrophe in the filename) - Jamison_Burton

Mar 3

I found the solution!

The File Name had a special character in it, which translated over to the gcode and caused the error. I got help on the /creality reddit page and a user had a similar problem.

Seems like an easy enough fix to be addressed on the software side, but other users should be aware to not include characters (like the apostrophes ’ ) into the file names!

New to 3d printing, loving the learning curve. But i encounter this error just after a print I tried to print another thing almost back to back (something that I hve done before for the last week). I got this:

Tried google it and I have just found a Reddit post that mentions it, nothing else. Any idea what to do? I was thinking on do a factory reboot, would you recommend that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @C4-v …! :wave:

Welcome to the Creality Forum…! Creality

So on the far chance that this would work is the filename causing the problem. It could be a similar type of error as the previous post…??
Make the filename as simple as possible maybe…??

Thanks for the welcome! I hope you’ll see me around here on more topics besides the error section, hehe.

I saw that las post, aye. The thing I was printing was 3dBenchy, so it is a file I know it has done before. I was testing temps and material flows trying to see if I am over extruding or under extruding. As soon as I changed flow numbers it happened, but then I reverted the options and still happened. It almost gets to the bed temp (set at 45) and gets the error.

thanks for your quick previous response.

So, I found this:

But I have no idea what it means… hehe

Tried to rest to factory setting, no luck, just so you know. If I find a solution, I will let you know.

You might have mentioned it and I missed it but what printer are you using…?

V3 KE, sorry forgot to mentioned it