Error codes (And what we can do with them)

I’m hoping someone has a list of error codes. I have a K1 Max and it generates a few errors. I’d love to know what they mean and a potential resolution.
E0500: Unknown error
I love this one…something happened to generate this, what was it?
In another post, @REDWOOD and @banjo451 asked about E2505 and our friend @Collin replied:
Hi, @REDWOOD Error code 2502 Cause: Abnormal motor driver chip (motor chip overheating, low voltage, short circuit…) . Please contact the official customer service to replace the motherboard.

Now that’s cool!
I’d love to get more insights even just to know what I can, and can’t fix myself…and I’m pretty stubborn about fixing stuff myself.
I’ve survived 2 Ender 3’s and an Anycubic MegaPro. I’m always up for a challenge!

1 Like

Hi,@Zerquetch

E500, key: 2294, unknown anomaly

Problem Analysis:
Machine resources are full

Solution:
Reboot the machine

I’m in the process of putting together an error code document for your reference.

3 Likes

Warning: E500, key: 2111, unknown exception" pops up on the screen.

Problem Analysis:
Nozzle temperature has not risen to 170 ° C, received instructions to operate the extruder

Solution:

1. Restart the machine
  2. machine related slices deleted, re-slice printing

So how do you reboot the machine? Nothing in the manual, touch screen, or C-Print.

Follow creality wiki
https://wiki.creality.com

There is nothing there to reference rebooting. Only factory reset, I’ve become very used to using it.

@Zerquetch Sorry answer is so late. Just now reading these great posts.

Rebooting this machine is done by turning it off with the switch and then back on in a couple minutes.
Doing a factory reset in the options menu @ System / Reset to Default lets you choose to erase files and basically clean up the machine for a fresh start.
Hope this helps a little. :grinning:

@Collin I found the error codes in the Wiki site @ https://wiki.creality.com/en/k1-flagship-series/k1/maintenance
Thank you. Hopefully I’ll never have to use it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is that the complete list as far as you know…??

1 Like

Yeah, found under K1 Maintenance

But then there’s the ‘other’ code we get

and more like that
what be those, pray tell?

Extrusion below minimum temperature 170 degrees
Slicing problem, please use the official slicing or contact the official to use the official third-party slicing profile provided by the official

Abnormal motor driver chip TMC
Overheating: abnormal motherboard fan, low voltage: print speed is too fast.

Other error codes Please feedback to the official after-sales customer service.

So what’s with error 4292?

aside from the posted list, I have noticed it can produce a lot more and different error codes. Is there a more comprehensive list as you alluded to in your post:

Every connection has a path. Every path has a result.

So here’s another new error:

Error
key:3002, Unknown Exception

What’s this all about then? Doing some reading, seems like this has bricked more than a few machines with no explanation other than “Must be the mobo”

Any chance we can help all them folks struggling for a solution?

New One: 2112

What’s this? 4 times in a row, does the calibration great, then dumps a ton of filament on the bed and errors

Changed filament due to stories of Black filament not being read correctly, if at all. (I have used a LOT of black filament with zero issues other than these new problems)
So I updated everything, factory reset printer, now trying a temperature tower from the internal menu…

Barf! same as before.
Just trying the Flow rate calibration #1 now

Well that’s just poop… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I haven’t had a problem with Black PLA…
Any word from cs@Creality.com on this…??

So here’s a few more, I did’nt spend any time organizing, but I will later tonight!

code:key526 msg:PR_ERR_CODE_HAVE_LOST_STEP:Z-axis step loss was found.
And on the screen:
key2526,Z-axis movement not smooth or lead screw rotation not smooth

So those 25xx codes seem to be about bed levelling.
2521 Chip sensor
2522 Pressure sensor
2526 Z-axis not smooth
2529 Level Sensor Data Transmission Anomaly

I’m getting a E0500 unknown error Description :Key2154Unknown Exception

Tried restarting and also doing full calibration from the menu to reset levelling and the movement and extrusion looks OK when I manually run them.

Found a fix to this from Jamison_Burton (I had an apostrophe in the filename) - Jamison_Burton

Mar 3

I found the solution!

The File Name had a special character in it, which translated over to the gcode and caused the error. I got help on the /creality reddit page and a user had a similar problem.

Seems like an easy enough fix to be addressed on the software side, but other users should be aware to not include characters (like the apostrophes ’ ) into the file names!