Falcon2 40w material parameters

Is there any formula to calculate the speed, power and the hight of the laser based on the type of the material and the thickness.

Hi Nikos.

This is not an easy topic as there are a lot of parameters:

1. your setup (if you are able to make a good adjustment on the focus of the laser)
  2. quality of the material - even on the same material, you can have different inner-structure, which would change the power required to cut/engrave
  3. cleanness and quality of the lens (they do deteriorate after some time)

So, if you were looking for an all-in-one solution, sorry.

The ideal is to make a test cut/engrave for each type of material you want to use. There are plenty of examples on Youtube on how to do this with LightBurn (I haven’t had much success with the LightBurn built-in tool myself) so you can easily create your own. Once you have this, keep the resulting material so you know what is best for your setup for specific material. You can also start making a library in LightBurn for your own settings for specific materials so you can easily repeat.

Also check the documentation that came with your laser - there should be a list of material settings to get you started.

Finaly, if you still want to base yourself on existing user data, you can register on the https://lahobbyguy.com/ site to gain access to the Members Only Files & Downloads section of the site. From there, you can find a similar laser (diode or CO2) with same power and base yourself on the library as a starting point.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information. Definitely I will check the lahobbyguy that you suggest.