Filament Stuck in Print Head of K1 Max

I have somehow managed to get filament stuck in the print head of my K1 Max and it won’t come out. So far I have tried the following:

1. Removed the extruder. Filament moves freely though the open extruder.
  2. Removed the nozzle with a heated hot end and tried to use the metal stick to remove the clog.
  3. Removed the hot end and extruder at the same time. Still stuck.

Any other ideas on things to try?

Thanks,
Scott

Is the nozzle clogged or is it in the heatbreak part…?

Can you heat the nozzle and manually push filament through…?

Can you show a picture of exactly where it’s stuck…?

PLA??
What happens when you hit the extrude button…?
Sorry for all the questions… Just trying to figure out where it’s stuck exactly… :frowning:

It’s definitely not the nozzle. I have removed the nozzle completely.

I have heated the system with the nozzle on and off and it does not push through.

I have also removed the entire hotend and it is still stuck.

I’m not sure where the heatbreak is, but the filament is stuck in the main body of the printhead. The part behind the circuit board. I can take a picture of it when I get home from work, but there won’t be much to see.

Thanks

Please see photo

Thanks
Scott

Pushed the needle up from the bottom didn’t work either…?
Is there a short blue tube showing when you take the extruder out…?

Take the extruder out and try pushing from the bottom upwards…

Pushing the needle up from the bottom didn’t work. I have tried it with the heater in and out.

There is a blue tube below the extruder. It comes out easily but doesn’t free the filament.

The (black) filament is showing on the top and bottom of what I will call the print head, even with the extruder and hotend removed. See pictures below. It is stuck somewhere in the middle.

Your filament has jammed in the heatbreak, the heatbreak is the silver metal finned part that your hotend attaches to. You may be able to loosen it by heating up the tip of the unblocking rod and pushing it through. It may take a few goes to get it loose but it should come free.

I would also recommend contacting support with an explanation of the issue and the photos as they will likely want to send you a new hotend/heatbreak kit.

Thank you. I will try that.

Scott

1 Like

Heating the cleaning stick cleared the heat break of filament. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s great news! Glad to hear you were able to clear the clog :slight_smile: