Filaments for K1

I am struggling to find different filament types on the Creality web site.
I’m trying to find a flexible filament to use on the K1 but it’s only showing Hyper Pla ?
Can the K1 print with flexible material?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Do I need any special equipment.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim

You will be wanting TPU if you want flexible material. I use Overture but have used Sunlu. I don’t have a K1 but I don’t see that you need any other equipment, I print it on my KE which has same hotend, just a bit of tinkering with settings. Pretty much prints with similar settings to PLA. Can be a little stringy in prints and I would definitely get some form of filament dryer for it.

1 Like

Thankyou for that very fast reply.
We’re thinking now that polyprop would probably do a better job for our needs.
Is that compatible? And any special requirements?
Excuse my basic questions as I have very limited experience in this.
I only use ABS on my old DaVinci and there’s no fancy settings or anything like that.

Jim

I’ve not tried to print PP but to quote 3DJake “PP is relatively difficult to process as a 3D printer filament because it tends to warp and has poor adhesion.” on the plus side it isn’t hygroscopic. Although the printer blurb doesn’t mention PP I don’t see that it can be that much more difficult than ABS or Nylon to print.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.
It’s all mumbo jumbo at the moment and if you can’t find answers your head goes into a tailspin and you disappear up your own back end. :blush:
It really is appreciated.
Thank you.
I’ll be giving my DaVinci to my grand kids and buying a K1 soon.
Not certain yet if I should go with the K1C or K1 Max?
Is the Max so much better to justify nearly double the price?
My wife will kill me whichever I buy but the K1 Max will mean a slower more painful death. :laughing: :laughing:

Jim

It kind of depends on what you want to print. I like the larger build plate size on the K1 Max

K1 Max is 300 x 300

K1C is 220 x 220

You’d have to read through the specs and see which one. :thinking:

Compare K1, K1C and K1 Max. Prices and Specs.

1 Like