First layer problems

Time to get frustrated. Hoping someone can help with this. I’ve been printing this part for almost 2 years now. Trying to print this on my K1 Max. For some reason, for the last several prints, the first layer now prints as in the second picture, sliced with Creality Print 4.3.7.6619. Creality Print used to slice the first layer like Cura does. The problem comes in that the circular pattern won’t close the rings up to make a smooth first layer. And they stick out like a sore thumb. Yes, the initial layer is set to print zigzag. Initial layer height of .2mm. Ironing enabled. Top/bottom flow set to 105%. And Initial layer flow set to 110% Would really like to understand why it changed the way the initial layer prints. Thanks for the help.

So, to complicate matters here. Using Creality Print, if I use “High Quality”, or “Fast” config, I get the first layer zigzag pattern I wanted. But if I use the “Normal” config, then I end up with the concentric fill, which I don’t want.

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see the picture @grass1a_57294 … Sorry…

The latest version of Creality Print is 4.3.8.6984.
I don’t know if that will make a difference but they did make some improvements…

Sorry. I have no idea why the3 pictures didn’t show up the first time.

Thank you. The new version of Creality Print seems to have fixed my problem. For some reason, This update did not show up for me when I checked a week ago. Kept telling me I had the latest version. Checked again this morning, and lo and behold, the new Creality Print was there! And now, it seems to be printing the first layer like it’s supposed to.

1 Like