K1/K1 Max Printing Ringing Trouble Shooting

New K1 having issues with bad ringing. Tried slowing it down and adjusting tension on the belts. I cannot get rid of it. A quick google search shows that I’m not the only one with this issue but I haven’t seen anyone post a fix for it. Does anyone know of a fix?

1 Like

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.!! Hopefully someone can figure this out.

I guess you’ve already used the self check option in the settings and it’s still doing this…?

Hello. Yes, I did the self-check. I’ve tried to adjust the belt tension. I’ve tried slowing it way down. Nothing changed. Not even a little bit.

All I can say is try messaging:

@Collin
@CrealityStore

or email to:

cs@creality.com

Adjusting the belt tension is something I’m kind of scared to mess with because I’m afraid I’ll mess it up… How do you go about doing that…?

In the back at the motors there are 2 small screws on each side, and you need the 2 black screws that came with the printer. It’s hard to explain the process but you can find videos online. It’s better to see it done than to try and figure it out buy reading something me or someone else post. But it wasn’t that difficult.

Got it. Thanks. :+1: I have a K1 Max now. (sold the K1) and I think the procedure would be the same… I guess…

Cause analysis

1. Tensioning bolt not released
  2. Insufficient lubrication of XY axis
  3. External interference during vibration optimization
  4. Troubleshooting and solutions

Check left and right belt tensioning mechanism for release of tensioning screws

a.The released situation, taking the left tensioning mechanism as an example:

1. The tensioning bolt has been removed
  2. Lock the bolt in the middle
  3. Natural elongation of the spring

b. Unreleased situation, taking the left tensioning mechanism as an example:

1. The tensioning bolt is not removed
  2. Lock the screws on the inside
  3. Spring compression

Check XY axis lubrication, whether lubrication is exhausted

The X-axis needs to be repeatedly cleaned of the printing toner, and the surface of the optical axis needs to be checked for toner adhesion spots. If necessary, clean with a coarse cloth
The X-axis optical axis needs to be coated with thinner grease or metal rust inhibitor
Y-axis application accessories with paste grease can be used

Rerun Vibration Optimization

When optimizing the vibration pattern, please place the machine in a sturdy and vibration-free environment
STEP1: Click Settings - Device Self-Test
STEP2: Check Vibration Optimization and click Start Detection (estimated to take three minutes, please wait for completion).

1 Like

So the two screws on each side of the tensioner should be loose?

1 Like

OK, here’s my 2 cents.
Speed it up.
That machine wants to put the pedal to the floor, that’s what it’s doing during Input Shaping, et al.
When you slow it down, it over compensates and the ringing gets worse!

That’s @ 280 with at slow 1st layer (60)

That’s at 560.
Also, when you slow it down, it’s gonna clog.
There’s a good print for an extruder fan that I’m REALLY trying to print, but other errors are killing me!

i think the speeding up of the printer is an interesting and good idea. I also have had the ringing issue but only around holes. however, I do have an issue with prints that have a flat side (in my case AR lowers) where one or two layers in a 5-10mm range or so. will actually be pushed out or pushed in slightly. I have yet to figure out the problem but some of my ideas are. Inconsistent filament, as in varying widths. Inconsistent feed pressure (how hard it is for the extruder to pull the filament off the roll) I bought some poly maker Filament, and the spool wasn’t wound well (crisscrossed lines etc.) and that filament had the worst quality. I’m gonna try a few things to fix these issues and will report back if I completely fail or what fixed the issues for me.

Collin,

This is an excellent checklist (or I was lucky, and it solved my problem :)). Any suggestions on lubricant, or cleaning frequency?

Kapt