K1 Max AI Lidar Question 🧐

Has anyone else had any issues with the Lidar on the K1 Max…? When I first got mine I ran the calibration, checked out the functions of the Lidar and all that. During the calibration the bed went all the way down, came back up and the nozzle ground into the bed. Made scary noises before I shut it off… :broken_heart: I reset to factory settings thinking I did something stupid and it did it again after I had run a few successful prints. I’ve since unplugged the Lidar module on the side of the extruder assembly and it hasn’t done it since. I’m kind of afraid to plug it back in and use it…
In the Options menu on the machine display under Camera / AI function I have everything turned off now.
Machine seems to be running normal and I can run calibration just not with the Lidar thingy… :disappointed:

Reply to myself: :star_struck:

Well I’ve since put the Lidar module back on and have not had any issues with it. It has behaved and not messed up the bed again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do have it turned off in the AI settings so it doesn’t print that Zig-Zag pattern every time. Not sure how that changes or affects any of my prints as long as my first layer is right on… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like