Hi everyone,
I recently installed the CFS-C on my K1 Max and noticed some strange behavior.
I have a two-color model using white and red filament.
Before starting the print, the white filament is already loaded all the way into the toolhead/extruder, and white is also the first color the model needs.
However, when I start the print, the printer:
Cuts the white filament.
Retracts the white filament back into the CFS-C.
Immediately loads the exact same white filament again.
Then starts printing.
There is no color change required at this point — the correct filament was already loaded.
Is this normal behavior for the CFS-C on the K1 Max, or is this a firmware / Creality Print issue?
Is there any setting that allows the printer to keep the currently loaded filament if it is already the correct filament for the start of the print?
It seems unnecessary and adds extra loading/unloading, cutting, time and filament waste.