K1 Max Root Access

In the K1 Max menu (possible K1 also) there is a “Root account information” section with a warning and disclaimer about warranty and all that. Has anyone gone through that to “root” their machine and is there any advantage to do that.? What is the risk ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think I’ll do it but just wondering what that is all about…

Thanks ahead if anyone explains it… :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Root access will give you access to the printers internal file system and as a result access to the configuration files within the printer allowing you to make modifications and adjustments to the printers configuration files.

For most users root access is not necessary as most tweaks to print settings can usually be done within slicing software.

Hope that helps to answer your question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it does help. Thanks. I’m one of the “most” users that don’t really need to get down to the root access.

1 Like

Glad it was of help :slight_smile:

I have tinkered with Klipper firmware over the past few years, most recent project being an older Ender 3 V2 which has been heavily modified and now runs Klipper/Fluidd via a Raspberry Pi. But to be honest once all the configuration had been done I have never really ever had to go back in and tweak anything.

Where the K1 is natively running Klipper and calibrates itself using built in sensors there isn’t really anything worth modifying within the config files as the printer does a pretty good job at working all the configurations out for itself. (Rather than having to do manual calculations and calibrations on the Ender 3 V2 Klipper setup).