When I press the button on the laser head it won’t switch into the 22w precision mode. I have to cut/engrave everything at the full 40w setting and I don’t need that all the time. Has anyone else experienced the same?
You need to press the button for 3-4 seconds for it to change.
Thank you. I have tried that and no matter how long I hold it down it does not switch the modes. I don’t know if the button has gone bad. I have updated the firmware, taken the laser module apart and cleaned it out well but it still doesn’t respond.
I’m suffering the exact same problem although I’m also having an issue that when I switch the M/C on it automatically goes into Alarm mode so I reset then have to reconnect to laptop / Lightburn - as when reset it loses connection- and have to manually select COMS4 rather than Auto how it normally would connect ![]()
- HELP PLEASE
For me the issue was solved by temporarily unplugging the sighting laser from the laser heads USB C port. It turns out that many non-creality sighting red lasers take more power from the laser head and mess up the button. Simply unplugging the sighting crosshair and then rebooting the machine, then the button works, goes into precise mode, then I can plug back in the crosshair. Eventually I will have to get a separate USB power supply for the crosshair to avoid this issue.