Material preset issues on Creality Print v5

Hi eveyone

I’ve got a slight problem which looks like its going to cause a serious mess later on.
Im trying to create a custom material preset and want to adjust it now and then. Once you save the material preset, it shows under custom configuration and you can still edit it. No problem here.
But if i close down the software, re-open it. it’s no longer listed as a user configuration but a “Default configuration”, at this point you can’t edit those parameters anymore but neither can i delete those configuations.
So the longer it seems to be doing this… I will eventually end up with 1000 “default configurations”…
I have no clue why they suddenly appear as default configurations neither why Creality made it impossible to delete default configurations…
This is rather annoying and will cause an endless list of configurations sooner or later…
Am i doing something wrong or what seems to be the problem here?

1 Like

It happens the same to me. Did you notice it also doesn’t save correct temperature for parameters? I tried to use different temperatures for bed, nozzle and also to disable cooling for n layers. I save, I use the material in the model. I also save the project as cxprj or 3mf. If I close the project and reopen it, The specific changes for material are all lost.

I have a mounting pile of now “default” materials because of this. It’s super annoying and has caused me to stop multiple prints because I forget that it changes the configuration settings when you close and reload the software.

my question is, why isnt´t there a setting for print speeds.

changing to TPU printspeed is still stock 300mm/s wich is totally insane.

Schouldn´t the Speeds are linked in Material files?

This issue was resolved with the v5.0.3 build. I emailed creality customer service and they sent me the Github link to download the v5.0.3 build. I installed the updated version and the issues with material management seems resolved although the release notes on Github don’t explicitly mention it.

I’m another one having issues with the print speed not changing with the material. V5.1 slicer and K1 max.
Or am I being dumb and is there an update/refresh button you need to press after changing the filament type?