Million questions. Where to get the answers?

Hi all. I actually have a Creality K1C but there doesn’t seem to be that category available. Anyway, the manual seems to assume the reader is already well versed in 3D printers so it doesn’t help much. First question: What is 1 click printing?
Second question: Are there any tricks to removing the supports from an intricate model after it is printed and cooled?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I have many answers. Same as most of the good folks here!
1-click, you don’t have to save the gcode then load it into the printer. After slicing, check the printer you want, hit 1-click, Printing begins.
Supports…if it’s feasible, design your own.
You can also: lower the density,
alter the distance from the model,
and prioritize z-axis over x/y or vice versa.
Or… Buy a good carbide burr and annihilate them in a shower of flying debris with a dremel tool! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I haven’t been saving the gcode as far as I know
Would I design supports on the printer screen?
How would I lower the density?
How would I alter the distance from the model?
How would I know which axis to prioritize and how would I do that?
If I put it in a vice and used a chain saw would that work? :blush:

Are you using Creality Print?

Yes. For sure.

Density, distance, axis priority are parameters you are setting in slicer software. They have slightly different names in different slicers, try “search” function, it works usually well. In Creality Print it is “support density”, “support Z distance”, and “support distance priority”. You have to switch to “advance” to see the last one. Even other slicers have more levels of displayed parameters, for the beginning I suggest to play with the basic parameters. Find some video lessons for particular slicer parameters, there is a lot of good resources. Good luck

2 Likes

Many thanks. I’ll work on this and try to figure it out.

I turn supports down to about 10% and turn off support interface and support roof. Easily removed supports. Had less luck with tree supports so I stick with lower density Ziz-zag. Support down to buildplate, not support everywhere if I can

Here’s the menu fully displayed

That’s a lot of stuff to go through. If you pick through it one line at a time, it gets easier. Most every option has a tooltip to guide you.
Remember, if you get stuck at any point, we have all botched enough prints to help you navigate the landmines!
Cheers!

3 Likes

Enable support interface and enable support roof, I turn those off, there will be a bit less material where it touches the model making it easier to remove.

I’m relatively new to 3D printing and I’ve personally found that methodically tweaking parameters to understand just exactly how they impact the final print is invaluable to progressing towards a good and repeatable print. That being said there are a ridiculous amount of settings available that I currently only address the ones which are specific to my issues (bed adhesion, warp, artifacts from high speeds…). If I weren’t predisposed to falling asleep while reading I would read the manual inside out :sleeping:

I don’t do much printing that needs intricate supports but I did find this for my own education which may apply to your needs: How To Use Dissolvable and Breakaway Support Material | MatterHackers

Is there an index somewhere that tells you what all these settings mean and what effect they have on the print when you change them? I have pretty much gone through the only instruction manual I have been able to find and it was no help. It doesn’t even tell you how to change the filament in the middle of a print or how to properly scale the model using the settings on the setup screens.

I learned most of it from Cura, which has a utterly fantastic tooltip helper addon! I still refer to it , it’s just that good.
Keep it running in the background if your pc can handle them both, but MAKE SURE that you launch Creality Print 1st! That way there will be no communication conflicts.
All3dp used to have a great guide, check out: https://all3dp.com/2/3d-printing-terminology-3d-printing-terms/

To get your feet wet. Lots, and I mean LOTS of links.

1 Like

I found that, paired with this and other forums and their generous members, just (keyword) searching YT will provide nearly all the information you will need with just a little leg work.

While it’s a nice idea in theory to know everything there is to tweak your printer at the onset it’s virtually impossible. You’ll only use a specific core set of features on a consistent basis.

As an example: I’ve been using Photoshop since the very first version back in the early 90(s) and I’m constantly learning new things (that always existed and not just the new additions).

Yup. First see if there is a problem, then baby steps. A great deal of good information gets arglebargled with lack of understanding,
That is the root of frustration.
That is why we are here.
That is why we help.

1 Like

The fundamental things about the supports are:

1- Low density, so as not to waste much material and dismantle quickly (approximately 5% filling)

2- Distance in the z axis from the part we are printing to the supports, normally a distance of 0.2 mm with a 0.4 mm nozzle

3- As you get to know your printer, it is possible that in some parts the supports are not necessary but in others they are, this is seen with each piece you print.

And don’t forget to put adherence on the supports. :wink:

Good point!
I’ve played a lot with skirts, brims, rafts, you name it! Never be afraid to experiment with supports.
I also use brims lately to dial in my Z-Offset, rather sacrifice the brim than the print!
And always have a dremel tool at the ready…

2 Likes

The Send G-Code option downloads the gcode file to the printer. The printer saves that download to a file on the printer. You can then manually initiate printing of that file by selecting it on the Printer’s interface screen. (You can do that immediately after downloading it, or at a later date, without need of a computer. Great for printing additional copies on demand.)

The One-click printing choice downloads the G-code (as the Send G-code option does), and then tells the printer to start printing the file it just downloaded.

After the print is finished, you can then tell the printer to print another copy by selecting the file on the printer’s console and pressing Print there.

1 Like

Be aware that the Nebula Pad will accumulate all of your “1 click prints” and that can fill up quickly. You’ll need to manually delete the files from the pad which is not particularly fun when you have 100 files!

1 Like

I am using Creality Print Slicing software. I have searched everywhere but I cannot find mention of “roof”, Support % adjustment. I am bewildered.