New Ender-3 S1 may be missing a part?

Hello–I am a teacher and a 3D printer beginner–my school just purchased me an Ender-3 S1 for my makerspace. I got the printer set up and when we started our first print, it started making a horrible noise and shoots over to the far right side to start printing. I determined that it’s obviously not homing correctly, and I think it may actually be missing a part–the X-axis limit switch. Can someone with more experience with this particular machine look at these photos and let me know if it is actually missing that piece? And, would that be causing the homing problem and the horrible noise? Thank you in advance!

Hi @JRod and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you have run into issues with the Ender 3 S1, it certainly does look like the limit switch is missing/broken. Creality are currently on holiday due to the New Year celebrations in China this weekend so there may be a delay in getting a response from the support team, I would certainly log this with them though so that they can follow this up with you as soon as they are back in the office.

I believe the limit switches are usually readily available on places such as Amazon too in case you wanted to maybe source the part yourself instead of having to wait.