New Falcon 2 does not engrave file from sd card or connect to MacBook

I have a new Falcon 2 22W and I’m new to this technology. I have installed the firmware updates. I am using Lightburn on my MacBook Air running the latest Mac OS. The Falcon 2 isn’t responding to the SD card loaded with a .gcode file and it won’t connect to my MacBook Air to run an engraving command from Lightburn (no COM port appears). It will respond to ‘Home’ and ‘Frame’ command when the SD card is inserted but keeps going round and round. Is the machine faulty or do I need to do something else to fix this? Many thanks. Also all 3 orange lights on the laser flash when I connect it to the MacBook Air.

update: I’ve got it running from the SD card now. Pressed ‘Frame’ and then ‘Start/Play’ and it set off. Maybe I wasn’t doing this in the right order before. Still won’t connect to the MacBook Air though. Any advice very welcome. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @strongchest ,

Welcome to the Creality Forum…

I’m not familiar with Mac system but on the PC SD card the file you want to work with has to be in the root of the card not in a folder.

Hope this helps a little…

Awesome machine. Let us know if you get it to connect…

Yes, thanks - I’ve got it running currently with the SD card file. Still struggling with the MacBook Air - no COM option showing up apart from some bluetooth option that’s no good.