Out of the box won't calibrate error 2022

I put my 1st 3d Printer together. Got it out of the box and put it together. Powered up all seem to be fine till I got to run the calibration (input shaping and auto leveling) the head moves up over to the left side of the printer and the bounces off the left side and goes down shaking. Does same thing when I do self check. Does same if I just do self leveling or just input shaping. I have replugged everything and checked for broken or bent pins on each connection. I have none. Here are some pics and video see what is going on. Anyone have any ideas why this would do this. I haven’t printed anything. Brand new out of the box. Thank you, Brad

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I’ve encountered a similar issue.

I returned the previous model and purchased the K1 Max instead. I suspect the issue was with the ribbon cable connected to the switch on the top—specifically, the XY home switch where the print head aligns. It seems that the ribbon cable might have had some broken wires due to being pinched during shipping. The cable was tightly compressed when I unpacked it, which likely caused the problem.

1 Like

Well that sure sounds familiar! There is clearly a problem at factory level with poor quality control.
I just bought my Ender 3 V3 Plus 2 days ago and set it up yesterday.

During the setup, there was a wire that slipped out of the tiny connector that is for the top limit switch.
I have to use my magnifying headgear and bright lights to see that the problem was the little metal insert’s tab was flattened towards the inside. It couldn’t click in and due to being inside, it would hit the pin and not let the pin enter it.
I was able to fix that.

I let the printer do its calibration. That went perfectly!

When I went to run a test print of their benchy, first, the extruder was flying all over the place! Up, down, side-to-side. Just out of control. It returned that same 2022 error!

I researched the issue and it turns out that this code means a wire could be disconnected (some wire(s) not making contact), related to the right side.

I looked at the wires there and sure enough, the connector for the motor right there was totally out of its plug!! It looks like the bad design of having the spool right there, the thick wire rubbed against the connector and pulled it out!

I plugged it back in, making sure it was tight and all is working well now.

I hope that this info helps others.