Question about silicon bed mounts

So I just got a set of new silicon mounts and I see 3 of 4 are 18mm height and one is 16mm height.

I think the set comes like this, with one mount smaller, to compensate the most deformed side in your printing bed.

So I installed them, and used the smallest in the corner I have more deformation, and I realize I will need to use washers to get them properly level. First install I use them without washers and the adjustment wheel was too loose.

I used a couple washers and finished with 3 washers of 1mm. I basically ended with the same height as the other 3 supports (18mm height). I am gonna check and try a print with this configuration.

I read that it is recommended to have your bed mesh closer to Zero.

Here my mesh data for comparison with the original springs, with 1 washer in the smaller column and with 2 washer in the same one.

My question is… Is this expected? To use washers in the smallest silicon mount? Am I using this upgrade correctly? What do you think about the mesh data I have.

I still making tests with both configurations.

My guess would be that the shorter mount would be used where the bed wire mount is located (at least on an Ender 3 V2, not sure about the S1 Pro). The plastic wire support is about 2mm thick in the middle, which would level that corner up.

1 Like

Correct the smaller one is for the corner where the wires go in the bed as the gap is smaller due to the plastic part that keeps the wires safe

1 Like

So far printer works great with the silicon columns, washers did a great job.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the main use for these.

No problem. Yeah they solved a lot on my Neo too