Most times it prints very nicely, but I’ve been having trouble with this console lid I created.
Most of the settings are default. I am using ABS and running at 230/110 inside an enclosure. I am using 0% cooling and the bed is level.
I keep getting little bits that didn’t adhere floating around the print and there’s this part at one end of the print that looks like an X where it’s flaring up, for lack of a better description. After the print is finished, the X looks like a mountain range lol.
Sorry I’m not used to writing in a printer forum and don’t know how to describe this stuff very well.
Bare with me! Please let me know if any more information would be helpful as far as settings are concerned.
I’m not familiar with the Ender series as I use a K1 Max but I’m sure there are many more users here with a fix for you… Sorry…
I use a household food dryer like the kind to make dried fruits and beef jerky when my wife isn’t looking. It holds several rolls. Works good… The room here is kept at a constant 35-40% humidity so it stays dry.
There are many types of dryers out there made specifically for filaments and you can keep the roll in it while you are printing… I couldn’t tell you which is better. Just have to research the reviews…
So the main thing is to dry out that roll first because it it’s wet it doesn’t matter how good your settings are it won’t print…
Man, I’m at a loss. I really wonder if there’s a problem with the slice or my settings somewhere. It’s doing the same thing, in the same spot, with different filament. Also, to verify it’s not a location thing, I rotated the part 90 degrees on the bed and tried again and got the same result. That weird “X”.
I ran it at 250 for a minute but couldn’t control the filament coming out of the nozzle at that temp. This last run was 240, and it still leaked out however, the overall printing does look a little smoother up until the obvious breakage.
Hey all, thanks for the responses. I was locked out of the account for about a week and couldn’t respond.
I got it to work, but I can’t say what actually fixed it because I changed two things haha. I changed the slicer and added some bed adhesive and that did the trick. It was probably the bed adhesive though.
Jim, so sometimes the filament comes out of the nozzle pre print. It just kinda leaks out slowly while it’s sitting there. Sometimes it screws up the beginning of the print, but not always. It’s a stock 1.75.