Sonic Pad no longer keeps the connection to my Ender 3 Max Neo

I have tried several times to reset and or connect my Ender 3 Max Neo to my Sonic Pad. This all started to happen after your latest software upgrade. The system looks like its going to work until it gets to adjusting the table. It centers the extruder on the table, adjusts the Z axis, then it give me the pink/orange screen that says:
ERROR MESSAGE
Internal error on command: BED_MESH_SET_DISABLE. I tried the suggested work arounds but nothing works. What should I do before getting my sledge hammer?

Known issue, need to wait for firmware fix.

Be the first to be notified when there’s news.

Thank you very, very much. I will be waiting.

Ok, got the new firmware, loaded it, seem to work until I tried to manually level my printer. After leveling my printer I tried to do an auto-Level and Got and error code key281, and it claims my printer is not connected, which it is. this is very frustrating, so what’s-up?

Hey am I the only one who bought an Ender 3 Max Neo?

No i bought one also and having the same issues ive only made one good print and everything went to hell

Have you looked into getting the serial cable for the sonic pad?

It looks like a common answer to many problems with Sonic Pad.
It seems like it’s a product that has been launched too soon, before being properly debugged.

I updated the software, and my Sonic Pad is working very well. sometimes I have problems with the camera working all the time, but if I shut the Sonic Pad off and back on it starts to work again. For those who use “Auto Leveling” it is nothing more than a tell, aerobics for the printer to dance as it does not level the bed in any way. Unless I am missing something Manual Leveling is the only way.

The auto leveling process works as intended.

The idea is you should make your bed level using the manual leveling process and once done you then run the auto leveling procedure. The auto leveling does not adjust the bed physically, what it does is generate a mesh of the bed surface so that the printer knows where to raise or lower the nozzle to ensure clean prints that adhere to the bed.

1 Like

Thank you very, very much for this explanation. it makes sense, and I will use it as it seems to be what the machine needs. Thank you for answering my question. God bless.

1 Like