XYZ size measurements

While printing some test cubes, surface and hole testing, I’ve noticed that the Y and X axis are .32 to .34mm while the Z axis is dead on, this was with 20mm and 10mm cubes, anyone else notice this?

I haven’t printed one of those for about 2 firmwares ago. I think I’ll measure it and let you know how it comes out…
Are you on a K1 or K1 Max ?

20 mm test cube

Fresh after print:

x = 19.93
y = 20.15
z = 19.94

Ironically, I was just finishing up a 20mm cube:
X = 19.93 =0.35%
Y = 20.06
Z = 20.03
The blue one from printables.
The 0.35% you can add to the 100% in the splicer Material/Horizontal Scaling Factor Y Shrinkage Compensation
I think.
I finally got the bed kind of level: Variance: 0.1816 but this might be my issue with first layer, I was tuning Z and can see changes with 0.05 - I can’t wait to install the Beacon.
Thanks for the reply, I have a K1, ‘Black Friday’ special I couldn’t pass up…

I finished the test with the 0.35% offset:
X = 20.16
Y = 20.16
Z = 20.05

Be sure to calibrate your flow rate to make sure you are extruding the correct amount of material. If you want high accuracy you will be better off printing a 40x40x40mm cube in spiral vase mode, measure the wall thickness of all 4 sides with a caliper and add them all together and divide by 4 for the average.

Then obtain the line width specified in your slicer and do the following…

Slicer Line Width / Average Measured Wall Thickness = Flow Ratio.

That comes out at 0.197 with the line at 0.42

You walls came out at 0.197 when they should have been 0.42?

Have you changed any parts on your printer such as the printhead at all?

You are talking about the ‘wall’ thickness, I’m talking about the dimensions of the X,YZ axis. I printed the 40mm hollow cube and measured the wall thickness, it is right on but my issue is with the stepper, it is off on the X and Y axis, calibrating them makes it square on all three axes, ZY and Z.

Ok cool, as long as your wall widths are correct then the printer is extruding the correct amount of filament. Therefore you can now move on to calibrating the X and Y steppers if you wish.

Here is a link to a very reliable calibration model, its not free but is the best one out there as it does all the calculations for you.

Califlower Calibration STL Tool