Ender 3 V3 KE and WiFi

Hello,

I have a new Ender 3 V3 KE and it will not connect to my Wifi. I get a “wrong password” error even though I am entering the correct password. All of my other devices (phone, tablet, etc) connect to my Wifi 6E router perfectly. How can I get my printer onto my WiFi network?? I have a Cox WiFi 6E modem/router.

8-Dale

Hi @dalehybridrobotics and welcome to the forums.

It could be something like special characters in your wifi network name that is causing the issue, I have seen devices in the past that have trouble connecting to wifi networks that have characters other than A-Z and 0-9. Also not sure if the KE is 5Ghz capable so you might find that you need to connect to a 2.4Ghz type network.

Good luck and hope you find a solution.

1 Like

There are no special characters in either my SSID or password. They are both straight numbers and upper/lower case letters. All of my other devices connect perfectly to the proper WiFi band.

8-Dale

Hi Dale,

Ender 3 V3 KE not 5Ghz WiFi capable. I have both networks just I seen the 2.4Ghz SSID in my networks.
I am using 40Mhz bandwidth, WPA2-Personal aka PSK(means PreShared Key) authentication with AES WPA encryption. SSID not hidden (means visible in the printer Network screen)
As password I just used letters and numbers not any special symbols which could cause an issue for many appliances.
You need also check dont have any Wireless MAC filtering allowed (means just allow those pre-configured MAC address to connect)

Are you using AP (Access Point) mode or a Wireless router mode? Do you have DHCP enabled (that means allocate new IP addresses for the connected devices)?
What is said by the system when you enter the WPA password?

I’m experiencing something similar with new Ender-3-V3. I had it work fine but wanted to change the IP to be in a fixed area of the IP range. The printer wouldn’t accept the fixed IP change set by my router so I set it to forget the IP with the intention of re-entering the wifi password and hopefully accepting the new IP address. Unfortunately it now reports ‘password error’ everything else is able to connect, no exuded ASCII characters in the password. It’s the same password that it worked fine with before.

Got mine today new, wil not connect to WiFi
The network is recognised but password error , is there a fix? Using Orbi mesh 2.4ghz and 5ghz

Got my own solution, put my phone in hotspot mode, than connect the printer to my hotspot. While connected to your phone connect to your local Wifi and than it works :ok_hand:t2: than it will only see your 2.4ghz network