Ender 3 V3 SE doesn't print

Hi.
I’m new at 3d printing. I bought recently a new ender 3 V3 SE, received this week, and mounted on Thursday.
Started printing the Cat model included in the Sd card, using the filament sample. Everything started well, the printer begun printing the cat, but when I came back a couple hours later I found the cat wasn’t complete and there was a mess of filament. See photo.
I haven’t been able to print anything else. No filament is coming from the nozzle. Retracted and extruded the filament several times, removed the nozzle to see if it was clogged but it’s not. Don’t know what else to do.
Any ideas?

Guessing the first layer didn’t have quite enough Z squish to stick properly, try manually dropping it down by 0.05mm. I often print with a 3 line skirt so I can dial in that squish.

Hello @Bondurant
Welcome to the Creality Forum Creality

What @Bonfireman said.

What temps…?

Also you might want to change the way the model was laying on the bed. I noticed it’s on it’s side…?
Mayby stand it up on its base or the flat side and add a “brim”. Might hold better to the bed…

I think I have a clog at the entrance of the filament, I can only introduce the needle around 2 cm. Same when I load the filament, I had the feeling it wasn’t well extruded.
But how do I solve this? Heating the nozzle at 260 is not helping…

Sounds like you may have filament jammed in the heatbreak, usually the best way to clear the clog is to heat the nozzle as hot as it will go and see if things loosen up, if not then try heating the end of the cleaning rod as that may help loosen up the filament too.

2 Likes

This video is to clean the Nozzle if its clog from the nozzle so heating will help as others already told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WeNhFelPQc

If the clog is in the extruder you will need to open it and remove the clog manually to open the extruder see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PY5ElKD0eA

2 Likes

Thanks for the video link, disassembling the extruder worked.
There was a piece of filament stucked at the wheels, as I suspected

Heating the rod helped, but it wasn’t enough

I finally could print something without more troubles

4 Likes