Ender-3 V3 SE: filament feeding problem during printing

I’ve received my new Ender-3 V3 SE one week ago, installed everything and printed (succesfully) the cat-file which was already on the USB-stick. No problems so far. But during 50% of all my prints since then, an error occurs which pauses the print and brings the printhead back to the left bottom corner of the printbed. I noticed that the filament was not pushed into the extruder anymore and was retracted almost completely out of the printhead, only being withheld by the extrusion clamp. If I manually push the filament back down, I can see the liquefied filament extruding. When I continue the print, no further problems occur (maybe 1 layer is visually bad).

Any ideas on how I can avoid this issue? I’m thinking about playing with the retraction settings, or tightening somthing inside the printhead (but no idea how or what)?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello @FrederickMatheuse …! :wave:

Welcome to the Creality Forum…! Creality

Are you using Creality Print…?

It sounds like something changed in your slicer settings.

Enable retraction.

I believer the settings for retraction should be about 0.5 or 0.6 and speed about 75 mm/sec

Get familiar with all the parts so when something is loose or not working you can take it apart and fix or tighten it… :hammer_and_wrench:

Here’s a Creality video tutorial for your extruder… :arrow_heading_down:

Sounds like m600 colour change being done

1 Like

@amberhelios
You were absolutely right! Thank you for pointing this out. I’ve accidentely activated the m600 colour change without noticing.

@jimandyen
Thank you for the kind welcome! And thank you for the video tutorial about the extruder.

This discussion can be closed.

1 Like

That’s great news mate. Thought it sounded like that’s what it was attempting to do. Well at least you know if you need to use it, it works lol