Falcon 2 40w laser issues

I just got my 40w falcon 2 today. I have the following issues:

-As soon as it powered up it started burning the table. If it doesn’t find my pc on startup the laser fires which is dangerous

-None of the 3 warning lights on the laser head illuminate at any time

-The switch to toggle between 20w and 40w doesn’t respond

-the laser fires during framing enough to burn cardboard. The setting in lightburn to fire when framing is turned OFF

-The laser fires between different cuts ruining the work.

So clearly something is wrong. I just got the unit today so the firmware can’t be that old. I used the supplied lightburn configuration file.

Can anyone help? These things seem quite foolproof on all the youtube videos I see so I’m quite surprised.

Hello @Sablack Welcome to the forum,

I’m really sorry your Falcon is acting up. Maybe someone here will help but it really sounds like a lemon.

Me personally I would return or exchange it if possible.

1 Like

I’m wondering how easy it is to get warranty. The chat option seems useless. I sent them an email. We’ll see how they respond

Hi, did you get any response? We have just received our machine and it is doing exactly the same thing, as soon as we turn on it starts lasering.

1 Like

I got a response. They wanted me to pull off the cover and check voltages on a laser that is firing. I said no thanks. Not comfortable or equipped for that. I asked for a return authorization. They said they will give me one. That was 4 days ago. :roll_eyes:

We cleared the card as suggested and went to put updated firmware to both laser and cutter and it started lasering immediately. No lights at all showing on laser
What country are you located in?

I am in Canada

Hi did you get a new laser? I have the same issue located in germany. It is really dangerous if the laser just starts burning when you do not expect it.

Yes I did. I think the issue was bent pins in the plug that goes to the laser module. Some others have had the same problem.

4 Likes

That is good to know.
Seems to be a frequent issue.
So the bent pins were on the cable or on the connector on the laser module?
Is that something you might have been able to fix by unbending the connector? (I know that these are fragile, but once connected, you most likely won’t disconnect it)

Hi Sablack,
thanks for your quick answer. This was actually the problem and i could fix it quickly myself.

1 Like

Hallo

Bei mir war es ein defekter pin im Stecker.

Grüße Patrick

Thanks for showing this (a picture is worth 1000 words after all!)

This is a good starter point for new users having this type of issue.

Assembly line problem. I believe I saw a note on the Creality store that each unit is tested before being shipped out??? I wonder what they test!

Thank you for hanging in there to get a resolution. I am going to wait longer before I purchase to make sure the manufacturing process has been resolved.

This happened on my recently purchased Falcon2 22w…!
That plug is very awkward to insert correctly.
Once I discovered the problem, I had to disassemble locally around the plug, mainly the air tubing. Straighten the pins carefully with a small electricians screwdriver & carefully re-assemble.
Then, fingers crossed switch on again, other hand hovering over the emergency power off button…!! :cold_sweat:
All seems well now… :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I had the same problem as you. Being brand new to this I was so shocked when the laser just turned on. Thanks to your post and the replies I got it sorted.

To help others, the problem is that the plastic form of the connector is poor. I used a fine tool to widen the holes of the connector. Sprayed some contact cleaner in, and ‘hey presto’ the connector fitted perfectly, first go.

I also had to straighten the pins as during the first attempt, fresh out of the box, the pins ended up bent.

So to conclude, the problem is the plastic mould used to make the connector. Widen the holes (gently) with a tool (mine was a cheap one from Amazon), and the connector will fit.

Thanks to all to helping me getting this fixed.

2 Likes

By a lot of accounts I’m seeing this with the Falcon lasers. This leads me to believe that there may be an issue at the factory AFTER the QC check and function tests where the connections are being damaged in the process otherwise the functional tests would fail and the units wouldn’t be shipped.
Might be an idea to check them from now on no matter which version just to be safe.
I say this as I have just ordered a pair of them.

I am having the very same problems. Chat and service mails are unanswered as well as my return request.
The laser fires up as soon as the power switch is turned on. I will check the connectors - thank you all for this info!

That symptom is a bent pin - from what has been reported.
It should be easy to fix - let’s cross fingers it’s the case!

Good luck - let us know how it turned out.

1 Like