Ferret Pro will not connect properly in Windows 10, Scanner Undetected message

I’ve received my Ferret Pro a couple of days ago and despite troubleshooting all weekend I can’t even get it to a stage where I can scan anything in Windows 10.

My PC clearly recognizes that the scanner is connected because the device manager shows up all three camera types when I plug it in

CR-Scan Ferret Depth Camera
CR-Scan Ferret IR Camera
CR-Scan Ferret RGB Camera.

However, the creality software itself doesn’t recognize that the camera is plugged in. I just get a message saying Scanner Undetected. I’ve tried plugging it in all of the rear USB 3 ports, including the USB-C 3.1 and 3,2 ports using the provided adapter.

I tried Creality scan 1.0.14 first, and then moved down the older versions. I haven’t been able to update the firmware as the software for updating the firmware doesn’t recognize that the camera is connected.

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if the camera is just arrived broken.

I’m not able to get the phone connation running stable enough answer any questions that people might have about using it either.

1 Like

Hello @zombies.aaargh… Welcome to the forum.

I just got the Ferret Pro a couple days ago and haven’t had much time to mess with it yet except to make sure it connected properly to my PC with Windows 10.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing your problem could be any virus program you are running. I have Kaspersky and it was asking me all kinds of questions before it let the scanner connect to Creality Scan 1.0.14.

Another minor thing to check is the USB cable. Not all are good at transferring data. Some are best just for charging…

Just stuff to check…
Have a good day…

Oh and there is an on and off switch be sure to check… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@zombies.aaargh

Did you ever get the scanner to connect…??

After a week Creality got back to me and told me about a not at all obvious privacy setting in windows 10 that blocks camera access without notifying you.

It now connects to my pc, but still nothing on my phone

hi
I am having the same problem , could you let me know what the not at all obvious privacy setting in windows 10 that blocks camera access without notifying you are please .

Hi @Mark_Bowden and welcome to the forums.

On Windows 10 it is usually in Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera.
You should then be able to “Allow apps to access your camera”. If the app is not listed then you may need to enable Let desktop apps access your camera.

1 Like

Go to the Windows start menu and type “Privacy”.

You should see an icon shaped like a padlock with the words “Privacy Settings” next to it.

Click on that.

On the menu down the left, scroll down to “App Permissions”, and select “Camera”

Make sure that “Allow apps to access your camera” is switched on, and then scroll down until you see CrealityScan.exe, and make sure that it’s in the Allow section.

1 Like

I had the same issue I think.

If you change the accuracy settings from Hi-Quality to Fast does it work than?

If so please check with your configuration of your GPU. I changed my setting of the GPU to use for graphics AND calculations and after that it worked on Hi-Quality.

I have also found that, when my camera permissions were set proper and I still could not get my Ferret to connect, I used a 2 to 1 USB cable. Plugged the two side into two different USB ports on my computer, and the Ferret cable into the 1 side. Regular USB A ports don’t seem to supply enough power to operate the scanner. I dont have USB 3 ports on my computer, so this was a work around that seems to do the job. Just a thought that may help you.

Good thinking, will write that down :face_with_monocle:

hi have this issue and i cant figure how to make the ferret work!

In “fast” mode everything is ok, but in h-quality the screen its just black.

Where is this setting? (i have a nvidia 3070)

I’ve had that same issue.

From the NVIDIA Control Panel Select a Task pane, under Workstation, click Manage GPU Utilization.
If there is no “workstation” and Manage GPU Utilization try the next option:

Setting the Preferred Graphics Processor

Beginning with Windows 10 20H1, the Windows OS assigns the graphics processor to use for various applications, and overrides any settings made in the NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Preferred graphics processor setting for that application.

You can change the GPU preference that the OS will use for an application from the Windows Graphics Settings.

If the OS does not have a GPU preference for an application, then you can specify the preferred graphics processor to use from the NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Preferred graphics processor setting.

im sorry but i cant really understand @__@ sorry for my awful english

in windows display/grapich i have added creality app and set to High Performance but nothing changed

In the nvidia control panel i have added creality too but idk if i have to change some settings there

but still nothing, only work in fast mode atm

Ty for u help!

No problem :wink:

We will do it step by step.

1. Open the program “NVIDIA control panel” from windows start option.

2. Look on the left part of the program you can see different subjects.

3. Is there a subject call “Workstation” in your list (normal one of the last subjects)?

See the screenshot (only got it in Dutch sorry).

If you got that option:

1. GPU use

2. Set to graphics and calculations (second option)

1 Like

sadly i have no “workstation” panel on any of my pc’s

i think i have tryed everything and searched everywhere on internet/reddit :confused:
still really ty for u help and time! really appreciate!

Ok, that means this setting is only for a Quadro card.

I two can can only see this setting at my workstation from my office and not at home.

I will look if I can find a setting at home that can help you :wink:

Just a heads up on Windows 10: Microsoft will officially end updates and support for Win10 starting October 14, 2025. Doesn’t help your issue but just a heads up in case you weren’t aware.

That’s actually pretty good for products like this, I’m fed up with Windows updates constantly breaking everything by making unannounced or undocumented changes.

Windows not being updated won’t really make much difference as most of the vulnerabilities have already been found and patched years ago, and any new ones are likely going to be with the software that you use on top of Windows rather than Windows itself.

It’s going to be nice to have a completely stable platform.

I did not forget you btw, didn’t have the time to check on my own system untill now.

Try this:
Advanced use 3D-settings

and with the CUPA - GPU’s select all

I think this is the setting you need.

Yea, that’s the problem of Microsoft.
They say in the beginning Windows 10 is the last version then only updates will come in… uhhu now there is a windows 11 and end support of W10.

Don’t even like W10, thinking of going back to W7 when the support ends for W10.

I really don’t like that the AI embedded in W11 can’t be turned off. Same as the office AI, but there is an option to get it down, just kill the service and rename 5 .dll files. Need to do that again after an update but ok, it’s off when you rename/remove them.