Ender 3 v3 SE not reading SD card

I printed the luckycat without any issues. I took out the SD card, put it into my computer to load a file onto it, put it back in the printer and now the file selection menu is empty, not even showing the lucky cat. I tried a different SD card, same thing. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hello @JDJOSC
Welcome to the Official Creality forum,

What is the name of the file you loaded…? and the extension…
Just wondering if virus scanner you have cleaned the file or the computer sees a new device and asks to format it…? Hopefully it didn’t do that…

It is called scraper.gcode,

I already formatted the SD Card to FAT32 4096 bytes several times and nothing happens.

I have the same problem as the guy in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVklr_5sOXY

I would recommend checking that your firmware is up to date. If the issue persists please contact support via cs@creality.com as they may need to send you a new motherboard.

Nikoli,

Hi! How does one check to see if the firmware is up to date? I am having the same issues that JDJOSC is having and I got my Ender-3 V3 SE printer a few days ago.

You can usually check the version your printer is using by checking the menus on your printer. The latest version for the V3 SE is 1.0.6 as far as I know.

Thank you. It looks like my firmware version is V1.0.4

I think my issue might be the card reader and storage card itself, though… I tried to put the card reader and storage card into my computer (trying to upload a file on the now empty card) but it keeps on giving me the error “D:/ Directory name is invalid” and then when I open up it in my File Explorer it says “D:/ is not accessible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable”. Any thoughts??

I would recommend formatting the SD card as it sounds like it has corrupted somehow. Usually re-formatting the card will fix that issue.

Hello guys, I have the same issue with a new card I got(the original card works fine).
I tried formatting in the recommended settings fat 32 with 4096 kb and still it is not working. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

The best solution is to put, for example, Octo print on a single board and send files for printing via Wi-Fi